What did I do to deserve you?

"Yes, you've been asleep or unconscious for the last six months. Though now, you seem to be responding well. And somehow, your muscle has not deteriorated, it's almost as if you were awake the whole time. It's extraordinary." Damian remarked. He sat back in his chair, trying to stretch out his legs. Tikki flew over, and dropped on the table.

"It's because you are a part of the miraculous. The last six months you were not like yourself. You were violent, and on the line of murderous when you were awake. That's why we were so shocked that you're back to normal. I've only ever had three other ladybugs that have waken up that soon after being dipped in one of Plagg's hell pits. It's by sheer luck that you're alive at all." Marinette's lip trembled.

"Tikki, be honest. D-Did I try to kill anyone?" the kwami's head dropped. Damian rubbed her small head in a supportive gesture.

"Yes, you did. But it was only father, and it's his own fault for trying to force you to answer questions." Marinette squeezed her arms around herself.

"Did I hurt you?" she mumbled almost incoherently. Damian shook his head.

"No, you didn't hurt me." She knit her eyebrows.

"Did I hurt anyone else?" Damian shrugged.

"It was nothing serious, habibiti." her cheeks grew a bright shade of rosy red. Damian chuckled at the sight. "I've missed you." he whispered in a low voice. A small smile grew on her face.

"I'll always be missing you." she whispered back, and hooked her ankle around his under the table. There was a knock on the door. Alfred and Jason walked in warily. Damian scoffed.

"Todd, there's no need for you to be so hesitant. It is only Marinette." he snapped. Jason glared at his little brother.

"Demon, she might react differently to different people. The only reason that you never had trouble with the pit is because you were accustomed to it growing up. The rest of us have to bear with the pain, and confusion." he snapped back. He turned to Marinette, expression hardening. "How do you feel? Do you feel any angrier? Or like your blood is boiling?" Marinette shook her head, while Alfred carefully went through a typical exam. 

"Miss Marinette, please follow my finger as such." her eyes followed his finger. Alfred smiled, and pat her shoulder. "It is good to have you back, young miss." Marinette smiled brightly, and folded her hands in her lap. Jason pulled over a chair, and sat in front of her.

"Tikki, how does the pit normally effect users?" Tikki shrugged.

"Different for every bug. None of them have the same spots." Jason nodded.

"Alright, you read her aura? You said? So is she alright?" Tikki smiled.

"I think she should be perfectly fine. She shouldn't have any relapses, but when she uses her peak strength and agility, along with healing, the pit should help with that. Because she has involuntary emotional training from Paris and the Akumas, the only thing it can do is change her physical appearance, that have traces of Lazarus syndrome. Her emotions should be fine, and unaffected. I can't say much for the nightmares though." Jason nodded.

"I understand that. She won't be like me, right? A monster?" Alfred smacked him upside the head.

"Master Jason, you are not a monster. Stop it with that absurd talk." Jason grimaced.

"Sorry Alfie, but I'm asking honest questions." Tikki flew over, and sat in his hair.

"She has a good support group. I don't think anything can ruin that." Marinette jumped out of her chair.

"Mon Dieu, my parents! Oh my gosh they're gonna kill me" she started rambling. Her eyes glowing a slight shade of green, as she started pacing. Alfred and Jason started talking to the Kwami, to gain a better understanding of the situation. Damian walked over and grabbed her wrists. Her faintly glowing eyes flickered up to meet his emerald ones.

"It's alright. They just think that you are in a coma. They think you are in a high quality hospital, until you get better. They're ready when you are." Marinette nodded with a shaky breath.

"And Ladybug? Paris?" Damian slightly flinched.

"Raven found a way to contain them, and Chat Noir has made plenty of appearances with a few of Batman's heroes. Your identity is safe." Marinette sighed in relief. He caressed her cheek. "You're back." he mumbled and kissed her forehead. She tilted her head in confusion.

"What do you mean, dove? I know I was down for the count for a while." Damian rubbed her hands, his eyes worried.

"You-You died." Marinette nodded.

"Yes, but it's happened before." Damian flinched, his eyes filling with hurt.

"I understand that, but there was no miraculous cure. Beloved, I watched you fall, and I held you. You were so cold. Your eyes had no warmth in them. I did the most inexcusable thing. I put in the Lazarus pit." he pulled her into a tight embrace so she couldn't see his face. His voice lowered. "I put you through all of that torture. I don't think I could have lived with myself if you weren't in such a good condition." a tear streaked down his face. He held her head close to his chest. Marinette listened to his erratic heartbeat. She placed a kiss on his chest.

"Hey, it's ok. I'm here now Mon Cher. Everything's alright." she rubbed his back reassuringly. He sunk into her embrace, and let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding.

"I really am sorry. There could have been another way. I could have used the Miraculous wish or some other sort of-" Marinette stiffened in his hold.

"Damian, the miraculous is not meant to be used in that way. You did the right thing. Yes, you tampered with the dead, but the miraculous wish works an eye for an eye. Someone else just as important, if not more important would have died. I can deal with this. I wouldn't wish death on anyone." He let out another shaky breath, and buried his face into her neck.

"What did I do to deserve you?" he said. He would never admit that his voice cracked. Ever.

Bruce watched the interaction between the two on the camera. He watched the girl's body language, and smiled when he realized she had been back to her original state. Damian seemed more at ease too, which meant that patrol would be less likely to be a murder fest. But most of all, he was glad that Damian was allowed to actually his age, find someone he loved, and could consul in, and someone he could just be himself with. 

"Hey B, Raven is on line one for you." Bruce picked up the bat phone.

"Yes?"

"I can't hold these butterflies much longer. I don't want to become an Akuma, or accidentally akumatize someone else. I can't hold them much-" there was a sound of glass breaking.

"Fuck." she muttered. "B, I'm gonna have to call you back. Let me know when Ladybug wakes up." the line went dead.

"Damn it." Bruce sighed. "I'm getting too old for this shit."