Chapter 25: The Thing in the kitchen

"Damian, let's gooooo! We are going to be late!" she ripped the blanket off of him. He growled and looked at the clock.

"It's three in the fucking morning! How come I couldn't get you up this early for school? We are meeting them at noon so either go back to sleep or leave me alone! Bloody hell! Can I not get privacy in my own room?" he rolled over. She groaned in frustration.

"Damian, you're not even in  your room! You fell asleep out here last night!" he sluggishly raised his head and looked around then flopped back down on the couch.

"Oh well. It's not my fault you decided to wake me up! It's the fucking weekend Marinette, sleep!" She huffed and sat in front of the couch where he laid. She rested her chin on her knees and pouted.

"Hey Damian?" 

"Hmm?" 

"Good Morning."

"Go the fuck to sleep. Or get out. I really don't care which." She rolled her eyes and jumped up, walking out of the living room to the kitchen.

"Hey Tikki? Tikki? You there?" she frantically pat down her pockets and sighed. The kwami was up in her room. She sat up on the counter, and just looked outside at the view. 

"AHH TIM!" the sleep deprived zombie reached past her for the coffee pot. She grabbed his arm.

"No. Room, sleep, now." he glared at her.

"CoFfEE bLuEBeRry" his face twisted up, she ran to the other side of the island and held a broom as a weapon.

"Who are you and what the actual fuck are you doing in Tim's body." Tim smiled wickedly.

"My name is not Tim, mere mortal. I suggest you make hast before my INDIGNATION STARTS!" she zoomed out of there. In search for Damian, Jason, anyone who could kill the demon in the kitchen. She ran back into the library, where Damian was still asleep, and she wedged herself between him and the couch.

"Mari- Nette? What the- not that I'm complaining but what the fuckkk-" he sleepily grumbled. She burrowed her body under the blankets and nuzzled her head into his shoulder. "You..... good?" he mumbled in her hair.

"Hey Damian?"

"Hmm?"

"What the fuck is in your kitchen?" she looked up with terrified eyes. His own, were still closed.

"I dunno probably just Drake again." she popped her head up.

"This is a normal occurrence?" Damian slightly nodded.

"That's why I told you to go to sleep. So you wouldn't see the zombie that lives in his shell." he quietly joked. She pulled the blanket closer to her face.

"You know, I'm shocked that you are ok with this." he chuckled. She felt the vibrations from his chest.

"You are one of the limited few people who I allow to come into my vicinity. I don't hate you at all. To be honest, I don't think I can hate you. It's literally impossible and that's why I find you annoying. Because for once I can't find a reason to hate someone. I better not remember any of this in the morning." she shrugged.

"You're the one who said something bird brain." he stiffened.

"Bird Brain?" she opened her eyes.

"Yeah, it's typically supposed to be an insult but I just don't have the energy to explain it to you. I suggest you download Urban Dictionary. You know what? Look up your name on the website. It'll probably be funny as fuck." he gave her a look and scrolled on his phone.