Chapter 14: Marinette kicks ass in UMS

Jason was shocked. She said she played a little. He had been playing this game nonstop for the last two weeks. This was the ninth time 'Victory!' was up on the screen for her winnings. He hadn't gotten a single win in this whole time. The worst part was, Jason bet money. He grumbled and pulled out his wallet.

"Sixty-five, right?" Marinette waved her hand.

"Relax dude, I don't want your money. I have a stable job." He nodded and pocketed his wallet. "So," she started. "Bruce said he wanted to pay for the rest of my education. I'm asking you because you know certain things about him that your sibilings don't. He will let me pay him back, right?" Jason shook his head and laughed.

"Here I thought this was going to go another way. Unless you can," he waved his arms around sarcastically, "Hack into his bank records, there's no way you can pay him back." he whispered something to himself. She didn't hear.

"Unless you marry his youngest." she tilted her head and shook it off.

"So, there is still a chance I could pay back the tuition? Like slip him a check or at this point hand him a bunch of cash?" he rose a brow.

"Little lady, a few things. One, there is no chance. Two, if you give him a check, he will most likely shred it. Three, where do you work? Paying college loans in cash? Crazy." she crossed her arms.

"Oh I'm finding a way. Also I prefer to pay things in cash. Less of a paper trail. I have my own buisness and I've been saving up over the years." he nodded.

"Well don't feel like you have to pay it back all at once or at all. Bruce has too much anyway. Relax, you're one of those 'Honorary new family members that were sadly thrown into this weird made up family'." She blinked.

"Ummm ok then. I'm gonna go over," she pointed out the door, "Yeah" he laughed as she dashed out the room. She ran into Damian who spilled hot tea all over himself. Both feeling the pain, they hissed.She landed on him on the floor.

"Will you watch where you're going? You could've-" he saw it was Marinette and scowled. "Great this is JUST what I bloody need at the moment." he grumbled. Marinette quickly helped him up.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to. I'm going to uhh get you another, yeah ok that works." She pointed downstairs then ran leaving Damian confused.

"So, you love her uncontrollably yet?" Jason leant on the doorframe. "Because this hallway is FULL of feelings and teenage hormones." Damian threw the teacup at Jason.

"FUCK OFF TODD." Jason simply dodged and chuckled, then went serious. He pushed Damian up against the wall by his collar.

"Ok, look. Cool the attitude. I know for a fact she does not like it. Stop caring about your ego for once and get off your ass because if you miss this one, you're screwed. If what I'm told is right, she's your soulmate, so she can handle whatever shit you throw at her, doesn't mean she'll like it. Stop being a little bitch and step up and act like a man. You're almost 18 for christs sake! Stop being an asshole." With that Jason shoved him against the wall. Damian glared at him.

"Well she doesn't make things easier either." Jason laughed.

"She's a female. You'll never understand her completely. Get used to it pal because that's an important key point in life." Damian crossed his arms.

"Being a jerk?" Jason laughed.

"Nah, women. Try all you want but they are a mystery. Night Demon." He turned and shut his door. Marinette walked back in with another teacup.

"What happened here? You look even more pissed than I thought." He rolled his eyes.

"None of your concern Dupain Cheng. Goodnight." She stopped him.

"Look, I'm sorry I blew up at you. I can tell you care and me yelling at you about something as stupid as a door is uncalled for. It's not the door that I'm mad at. Something happened in my personal life that I have to take care of. I wasn't mad at you and most of everything I said was false. Goodnight." Damian watched her walk away and Jason opened the door a crack and violently waved in her direction.

"Shithead. Go after her and tell her it's your fault. Apologize. Hurry this shit up." Damian rolled his eyes again and walked over to her room and knocked on the side of the doorframe.

"Hey, you don't have to apologize because I'm the one at fault. I'm an asshole and everyone knows it and I find it hard sometimes to be decent. I now realize I don't have to be a jerk every five minutes. Also I did kick your door down. You'll have to get a new one though since I ruined the hinges." he cringed at the metal sticking out on the sides and picked up a towel. He threw it over. "There. Safety first." she gave him a look.

"I really don't think that's how it works-" he deadpanned, "Ok, Ok sure. Whatever." a small smile appeared on his face and he chuckled.

"Well, goodnight. If someone breaks in, slice their arms off." he said jokingly. An evil smile took over her face.

"Sounds great. May a borrow a sword? TSA wouldn't let me bring mine." he gave her a look and dropped the subject. She plopped on the bed.

"Go to bed Dupain-Cheng. I'll see you in the morning."

"Hey Damian?" he stopped. "Thank you." he lifted a brow.

"For what?" she shrugged.

"Not being a total jerk." he laughed.

"Thanks, I really appreciate not being called a total jerk." she playfully rolled her eyes. He waved and left the room. She jumped up from the bed and checked the hallway to make sure he was gone, and packed a backpack. She tied her sneakers and put a sleeping Tikki in her pocket. Just as she opened the window, she heard footsteps come into the room. She quickly whipped her head around.

"What the hell are you doing?"