Chapter 23: We got Chemistry Baby ;D

Damian was furious. He couldn't grasp the order of events that occured that evening. He didn't know whether to go find Marinette and interrogate her about this 'Tic Tac' he's heard so much of made by the kids his age, or sneak out of the manor to go on a quick patrol to clear his head. He chose the first, since he knew he wouldn't get past the gates.

"DUPAIN CHENG?" he shouted, not knowing where she was, but Tom stood over Damian, casting a shadow on him. A cheery smile was practically blinding.

"What do you need son?" the tall man crossed his arms. Damian fought the urge to scowl.

"I'm just looking for Marinette. I have some questions about the social media my..... peers... speak so much of." Tom resisted laughing.

"I haven't seen her myself to be honest. Why don't you check the library. She used to love going to the one back home." Damian nodded and scurried away from Tom quickly. Tom laughed loudly and went back to the living room with his wife.

Damian padded upstairs to the largest and most known library. And not really to his surprise, she was there. In the same chair he sat at earlier that night, but she was asleep. Mouth slightly open and snoring softly. He sighed and grabbed the book that was sitting in her lap and flipped it over, revealing the cover.

'City of Glass' he scoffed and read the synopsis on the back. He flipped to the first page.

"What type of rom com rubbish is she even- oh, well, he could have killed that in a much more efficient way I suppose." he got himself lost in the book. Three hours have passed, and Marinette woke up. She rubbed her eyes and looked around the room. She saw Damian nestled into an armchair, his expression showing that he was at war with himself, mentally. She looked at the cover of the book he was reading and held back a laugh.

"It's good, isn't it? It makes you want to read the whole series." He didn't respond. He just moved the book closer to his face, blatantly ignoring her. "Damian?" he still ignored her. She tried to keep quiet, and sit still, but she couldn't. She rolled her eyes and walked behind the chair, trying to see which page he was on. He tilted the book downwards, away from her. She huffed and draped her arms over his shoulders, head on the top of the chair, and on his own head. She watched a bright pink glow blossom on his faced and smirked. She wrapped her arms loosely around his neck and he snapped the book shut, whipping his head around.

"What is it?" he snapped, obviously annoyed. Marinette chuckled.

"I don't know, I'm bored. Isn't the book good?" Damian rolled his eyes.

"It was good until you interrupted me. Now I don't know what page I was on!" She sat down on the armrest.

"Geez. Sorry."

"It's fine. Just interrupt me when I'm reading and I'll snap your neck." her eyes widened and she hopped off the chair.

"Ok then..... sooooo how's it going?" he gave her a strange look.

"Are you feeling alright?" she shrugged.

"Who knows at this point. Wait. Don't we have that project due in the morning?" he gave her a deadpan stare.

"You didn't do it yet?" she knit her brows.

"When would I even have time to do that Damian?" he rolled his eyes and put a finger inbetween her brows.

"Stop doing that, you'll get wrinkles, as I've told you before, and you literally had all afternoon!" she huffed and looked at the floor.

"I'm not good at chemistry! Also the teacher said that if I want, I can turn it in the day after tomorrow!" he scowled. "But I don't want to get behind. Can you help me out?" he facepalmed and pinched the bridge of his nose.