Chapter 15: Arguments and exhaustion

"What the hell are you doing?" Jason was behind her and he flipped on the light switch.

"I was just umm, checking the weather, yup." He raised an eyebrow.

"From standing on the window ledge?" She nodded furiously. He laughed. "Ok, now that we have your terrible cover story, what are you actually doing?" she sighed and hopped down.

"I was just going for a walk. It gets boring cooped up in here." he still stared at her and she shifted. "Fine. I just wanted to get a drink with some friends I met a few nights ago." Jason rubbed his forehead.

"Marinette, underage drinking is illegal." she crossed her arms.

"In a week I turn eighteen. It's legal in Paris." Jason scoffed.

"Well this ain't Paris Pixie. Here, you can legally be arrested for something like that." She rolled her eyes and grabbed her bag.

"Damian already gave me that talk. I know you are no snitch." he chuckled and sat down. Before she could stop him, he cupped his hand over his mouth and shouted.

"DAMIAN! HURRY IT'S ANOTHER EMERGENCY!" Marinette glared at him as Damian ran in the room, exhausted with only a pair of shorts on. He was livid.

"Todd, what the actual FUCK is wrong with you!?" Jason cackled and pointed to a very confused Marinette. Marinette was..... distracted. "Dupain Cheng," he crossed his arms, "What is wrong with you?" her face was heated up and she was looking anywhere but at Damian. Damian raised a brow. "Todd, what's wrong with her?" Jason snickered.

"Well little Demon Buddy, she was planning on going for a 'walk'. Anyways, you're most likely not going to get ANYTHING out of her for a while." He cackled and ran out of the room. Damian threw a disgusted look out the door. He looked back at her and sighed.

"I literally have known you for such a short amount of time, and I am extremely worried about you. What the hell! You said you would stop!" he was yelling but trying to not scream at her. He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Look, I don't know why, but I care about you. A lot. I may have just met you, but I don't want to see you come to harm. Stop acting like a moron becuase I know you are better than this. And if I have to tie you down to keep you from hurting yourself, I will." She blinked and looked up into his eyes. She immediately felt regret, then shook it off.

"Tie me up?" She smirked. Before he could interject, she replied, "Kinky." he knit his eyebrows.

"You said that once before when you were drunk. What does it even mean?" she full out laughed and fell to the floor. He watched her in horror. "Tell me. What does it mean?" she laughed harder and clenched at her sides. Damian winced at the pain he felt as well. "Stop this nonsense." her laughs ceased after some time and he reached out a hand and helped her up.

"I refuse to tell you what that means." he rolled his eyes.

"Why? It's just a word." She chuckled.

"A word that has many meanings." he pulled ou his phone. "What are you doing?" he opened up google. She snickered. "Are you seriously going to search that up?" he threw the phone away from him, disgusted and his face went pale. She laughed, and he looked at her terrified.

"Where did you hear that revolting word?" he shook his head. "That's beside the point. Why were you going out again? I thought we talked things over?" she laughed coldly.

"Damian, talking doesn't solve things. You of all people should know that. I'm fine, and I'll be back after a while." Damian crossed his arms.

"Take me with you." she crossed her own.

"Excuse me?" he sighed.

"If I can't stop you, I might as well go with you so that I can try to stop you before things get out of hand." She scoffed.

"Hell no." he scowled.

"I wasn't asking." she stood on her toes. And got in his face.

"And what makes you think that you can order me around." he chuckled coldly.

"Because, I'm the prince of assassins. I don't ask, I order." She rolled her eyes.

"You know you are spoiled as hell, right?" he smirked.

"You say it like it's a bad thing." she sighed and dropped her backpack. "What? I thought we were going?" She rolled her eyes.

"No. Not anymore." he smiled

"Aww why not? I was so excited to go." She turned around and glared at him.

"Will you get your ego out of your ass for one second?" he returned the icy stare.

"Watch who you're talking to Marinette." she threw her hands in the air.

"Why are you such an asshole?" he raised both his eyebrows.

"You're kidding me, right? I'm trying to help you!" she pushed his chest away.

"I didn't want the help to begin with!" he backed away, hurt. She sighed. "Look, I'm not trying to start a war, I'm saying that I'm don't want help because it's pointless. I'm running my life into the ground and there is nothing anyone can do to change that." he knit his eyebrows.

"Help is not pointless. Stop refusing it because we both know you want to get better. Think of your family. What would they say to see you like this?" she shrugged.

"I don't know why the hell they would care." He raised both eyebrows again.

"Are you kidding me? Are you FUCKING kidding me? You know what?" He grabbed her phone from off the nightstand and quickly typed in the code.

"Damian, what the hell are you doing. Give that to me! How the hell did you know my passcode?!?" She jumped up, trying to grab the phone, but it was too late. He already dialed Sabine's number.

"Hi sweetie! How are you? I haven't heard from you for a while! We both miss you so much!" Damian raised an eyebrow at Marinette. She glared at him and swiped the phone from him.

"Hi, sorry I haven't called too much. A lot of commissions have been coming in." She heard Sabine sigh in relief.

"Well, I'm sure it's late there and you have to go to bed. Goodnight dear Call back soon! Love you!"

"Love you too. Goodnight." she hung up.

"What the hell was that!" Damian crossed his arms.

"They obviously care. It's you who doesn't care enough to realize how terrible they would feel if you weren't here anymore. Stop thinking like nobody cares because they do. Myself included." she smirked.

"Careful, I might think that you actually like me." he chuckled.

"Yeah, that would be tragic." he scratched the back of his neck.

"Ok, I'll be back in an hour, tops." he crossed his arms.

"I thought we literally just agreed that you are NOT going?" she scoffed.

"No, you agreed that I'm not going I do whatever the hell I want." With that she swiftly grabbed her bag and jumped out the window. Damian grumbled and went to his room to change.