Chapter 26: Long Drive

They cruised down the road, through the long drive to the Teen Titan's tower. Marinette was asleep in the passenger seat. Damian took this time of silence to think out all that could go wrong. 

"RedBird," Damian spoke to the car, the blue light was flashing on the screen in front of him. "Would you please send a text to the Titan's group chat?" the screen brought up the contact. 

"Sir, what would you like to tell them?" he took a deep breath.

"Tell them, if any of you heathens forget that she is not to know your identities, I will personally push you into a Lazarus pit." the machine was silent for a moment.

"Would you like to send this message?" he grew impatient.

"Yes you dolt!" Marinette yawned and rubbed her eyes.

"What are you yelling at Dami?" his cheeks grew a light pink shade.

"Just the car's... bluetooth settings. It's annoying. I got it figured out though. You can go back to sleep if you want, we still have a two hour drive." she hummed and wrapped her blanket around her, sitting up straight.

"So who is your favorite member of the team?" she asked, he pondered for a moment.

"Probably Roth, to be honest. She's the only one who takes her job seriously. Even though her father bothers her." she frowned.

"Aww that sucks. But come on, they can't be that bad! Dick said they're kind of like my weird friend group." Damian cringed, remembering how loud they were on the phone.

"Actually, it may come as a shock, but they are worse. Much worse." her eyes widened.

"That's quite shocking." he snickered.

"If they bother you, feel free to hit them, or call me over and I'll hit them. While they are my teammates, we kind of just relax until something comes up. I think Grayson put me on the team just to make friends even though I'm perfectly capable to do so on my own." she hid a snicker and took a sip of the water bottle in the cup holder. "You know that's mine, right?" he teased.

"Sorry, I'm just really thirsty." he chuckled.

"It's alright. I get it. So two hours, huh?" he nodded with a yawn.

"Yes. You were asleep for about six." her jaw dropped.

"Seriously? Why didn't you wake me up? I would have taken over the wheel!" he scoffed.

"You don't even know how to get there! And you can't use a GPS to get there, it's on an island." She hummed.

"Hey Dami, switch seats with me." he scoffed once more.

"No. I don't care if you have a license. I'm driving. It keeps my mind busy. Also, I rarely get to." she bit her lip.

"Damian, could you pull over for a sec?" he knit his eyebrows.

"Why? We only have two hours left? I don't understand." She smiled.

"Just because." he gave her a strange look, but complied. They were on a quiet road, nobody behind them. He turned to her.

"What's wrong? Are you ok?" she nodded and grabbed his arm. She tugged at it until they were both in the passenger seat, where she curled up on his lap. He shot her a confused look, but didn't complain. His hands settled onto her waist.

"I just wanted to sit with you, like this. That's all." he let out an amused puff of air and rested his chin onto her head.

"You could've just asked, instead of dragging me across the seats you know." she shrugged.