Chapter 27: Clearing the air, part 1:

"Marinette, why won't you just come back to us? All you had to do was leave Lila alone! Her lies weren't hurting anyone! Then we could be together Marinette! Like it was meant to be!" Marinette stumbled back from Adrien.

"N-No thanks. I don't want this. I don't want you." Adrien scowled at her and stepped forward.

"You know, I tried to be nice, but you're acting like a real bitch." he grabbed her throat and she gasped.

"S-Stop" she rasped out. "L-LET GO!"

She shot up from where she was sleeping, Damian looked up in concern, hands up in surrender.

"You alright Mari?" she closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"I'm ok, was just a nightmare." She laid back down and watched how the sunlight left shadows on Damian's face. He gave her a small smile and twisted a small lock of her hair.

"Well, I'm sure it wasn't as bad as today will be." she chuckled.

"They aren't that bad Dami." His face was stone cold.

"You just met them, love. They are terrifying." she shrugged and tried to bury under him. "W-What are you doing Marinette?" he held back his laughter. She was halfway under him.

"Trying to get closer to you." He gave her an amused look.

"Darling, you are going to suffocate yourself." she hummed, settling down.

"Worth it." He flipped himself over, so he was on top, resting on his elbows. Looking her in the eye.

"I'm not crushing you with my weight. You are staying alive under my watch." she hummed once more and wrapped her arms around his neck, and her ankles around his midsection like a koala bear, resting her head in the crook of his neck. He hid a bright smile and linked his arms around her waist, pushing himself up to a sitting position.

"Why are you hiding your smile Damian? I can practically feel you buzzing with energy." he chuckled and buried his face in her hair.

"I'm not hiding anything." She rolled her eyes and pulled away to look him in the eyes. A genuine smile took over his face, his eyes were sparkling like a little kid's. She leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. "What was that for?" he laughed, surprised. She looked at her hands and fidgeted with the hem of her shirt.

"I've just never seen you smile so bright." his cheeks darkened and he cleared his throat, and his smile fell.

"Err, right. Sorry, I just-" She smacked him in the face with a pillow.

"I didn't mean for you to stop you dork!" she giggled, he grabbed his own pillow, as a shield and tried to protect his face.

"For goodness sake Marinette, stop attacking me!" she huffed and smacked him in the back with the pillow.

"No! Not til you smile again. Don't you run away Damian! This isn't funny!" he ran out of the room, and she followed him down the steps out to the living room, where three other kids were sitting, eating cereal. Damian jumped behind the couch. He raised his hands in surrender.

"Marinette, put the pillow down." she crossed her arms.

"Will you stop being emotionally constipated and smile again?" Damian rose his hands in surrender and smirked.

"I am smiling right now." She glared at him.

"That's a mischievous smile you jerk! What are you up to?" he laughed at her scowl, and ran out into the kitchen, and hid behind Garfield.