Chapter 18: Damian doesn't think before he speaks

"Marinette I swear to god, wake up!" Damian has been shaking her for almost an hour. He was starving. She's been laying with her arms wrapped around his waist still. Tim walked in the room.

"What's with all the screaming? It's literally only Four in the morning. Jason knew I was up and sent me so that he doesn't get yelled at for shooting something." Damian scowled.

"She won't get up! I have early morning patrol and I'm late! I have school soon too!" Tim sighed and crossed his arms.

"Just let her sleep. You can skip patrol since everything is calmer in town. I'll wake you both up before you go." Damian knit his eyebrows.

"She's going too?" Tim nodded.

"Bruce has a meeting with her parents, and her old teacher. I thought you knew." Damian's jaw dropped.

"She didn't tell me. Wait. SHE'S LEAVING?!?" Damian wrapped his arms around her as she started to stir in her sleep. Tim chuckled. "SHE IS NOT LEAVING DRAKE. I WILL SLICE OFF THE ARMS OF ANYONE THAT TAKES HER." Tim gave him a look.

"Are you high?" Damian glared at him. His eyes filled with anger and pain. Tim shifted on his feet and crossed his arms. Damian kept his glare trained. "Damian, I think you should go to the meeting too. You don't know what's going on little buddy." Damian rolled his eyes.

"Don't call me that. I wasn't invited to the meeting, but that doesn't mean I can't get in." Damian smirked and stared at the bed. Tim looked terrified.

"What the hell do you mean by that?" Damian looked up from his plotting and glared icily at Tim.

"None of your buisness Drake. Get out." Tim rolled his eyes and shut the door behind him. Damian heard his footsteps recending down the hall. He placed his hand on the top of her head to turn it. Why is her hair so soft? he ran his fingers through the navy locks, letting it fall from his fingers like velvet. She smiled and moved her head torwards her hand. He chuckled and kept petting her hair. She curled up closer to him and he froze. "Dupain Cheng. Come on. Seriously now." her arms linked around his neck and she settled herself on him. Damian felt really hot. He grabbed the remote on the nightstand and turned on the fan. The small bundle on him shivered. He sighed and wrapped them both in a blanket so they were both comfortable. Damian set an alarm on his phone and tried to roll torwards his charger, but he couldn't reach it. Tikki flew over.

"Damian, what is with all the noise? It's really early in the morning!" she yawned and rubbed her eyes with her tiny paws. Damian held up his phone.

"I can't wake her up and I have to charge my phone." without another word, Tikki flew over and brought him the charger. He smiled at the small kwami. "Thank you. How long have you been wih Mari?" Tikki giggled and settled on her charge's head.

"At least five years now. Also Damian, at a normal hour, if you really need to wake her up, just scream that she's late. It happens a lot." Damian nodded.

"Ok, well I have to go train before school." Tikki tilted her head.

"Can't you just stay here for a bit longer? She doesn't sleep properly and this is the longest I've ever seen her sleep." Damian gave the kwami a look.

"We went to bed four hours ago! You mean to say she's been sleeping less than four hours a night?" he growled. Tikki held her paws and stared at the wall in front of her, trying to keep a straight face. "Tikki." he snapped, the kwami looked in his eyes.

"She is Ladybug, a fashion designer, she has schoolwork, she's class president, and she still tries to make time for her friends and family. I'm proud of her even though she doesn't take care of herself properly." the kwami sadly looked at her paws in her lap. Damian sighed.