Clearing the air part 3/3

Marinette sat down on a park bench, getting out her sketchbook.

"Tikki?" she asked, the Kwami looked up in her purse. "I know I'm overreacting but I just don't know what to do at this point. Do you think I made the right decision letting Damian have the black cat miraculous? Even to protect it?" Tikki tilted her head.

"Marinette, this isn't my decision, but I think you made a good choice giving it to him. I think you should just go back, and relax. You're only hurting yourself by doing this." Marinette sighed.

"It's more complicated than that, Tikki. I don't know if I can even go back. I messed everything up."

"Not necessarily, if anything, it's my fault, and I'm sorry." a voice cut in. She quickly turned around. The boy in black leather dropped next to her on the bench. She squinted at the outfit.

"Huh, it did change for the user. That's good to know." is all she remarked, and she went back to her sketchbook, too embarassed to say anything else. The raven haired boy's cat ears twitched in concern.

"I'm really sorry for what I said. It's just that the monsters and villains that I fight are quite..... grotesque, and much more dangerous. I just didn't want to see you get hurt." She closed her eyes.

"I'm sorry. I took it the wrong way and got all emotional during a fight, which I shouldn't have. And I was annoyed at you for the same reason. You don't have a magic suit that can protect you from harsh injuries, and you are human outside of the miraculous." Damian played with the clawed gloves on his hands.

"I can't exactly do that without changing my identity. I am Robin. And Robin is Batman's partner. There is nothing I can change about that." She let out a worried sigh and leaned on his shoulder.

"I know. I shouldn't have reacted the way I did." he gave her a quick kiss on her forehead.

"Marinette?" he whispered, she looked up. "I'm not saying that this suit is uncomfortable, but I'd like to detransform, and I don't know how. Also, people are staring." Her eyes widened as people took pictures of the two of them. A little boy walked up to Damian.

"Sir," he started, "Are you the new Chat Noir?" Marinette started laughing while Damian was all flustered.

"I-I," Damian started, Marinette cut in.

"This isn't Chat Noir, but he's in possession of the miraculous for now. That's all. Ladybug said that he's worthy." the little boy's grin spread across his face.

"What's his name?" the boy was bouncing on his toes. Marinette smirked at Damian.

"Yeah, kitty cat, what's your name?" he glared at Marinette, then glanced back at the boy.

"Let me get back to you on that, fetus." Her jaw dropped as she stuck her book into her bag.

"DA- CAT!", she scolded, he shrugged.

"I said nothing wrong Mari." she groaned and slung her bag over her shoulder.

"Wanna get out of here?" she asked, Damian had a pleading look on his face.

"Please." She ruffled the little boy's hair, and grabbed Damian's hand and led him towards her house. She stopped in front of where Master Fu's parlor shop once stood. She placed her hand on the cold ashes, covering the small plot of land, feeling a warm tear drip down her face.

"Habibti?" Damian slung an arm around her waist, lightly pulling her to her feet. She whispered a prayer in the language of the guardians, and gave the empty plot a small smile, before continuing down the street. She led Damian to the bakery, which was closed at the moment. She looked him in the eye.