Chapter 24: Tree Head

Marinette slammed her head on her desk. She felt like she hadn't slept in ages. Damian wasn't in this class, so she felt bored as ever. A girl with red hair sashayed up to her desk, and slammed her hands on the desk in front of the bluenette.

"It's Marinette, right?" she rose her head, and propped it up on her hand. The redhead had a look in her eyes. One Marinette knew too well.

"Who's asking?" she asked coldly. The girl's eyes narrowed.

"Wilma. Wilma Grates." Marinette rose a brow.

"What is it that you want. I have a very long day, and many things to take care of." The girl gave her a sweet-sick smile.

"I just wanted to tell you something." she leaned close to Marinette's ear. "If you don't stay away from Damian, you will regret it. I have friends in very high places. Don't cross me." Marinette scoffed.

"I won't be crossing you anymore than your eyes are tree-head." the girl leaned back and wrinkled her nose.

"Tree-head?" Marinette amusedly smiled and motioned to the girl's hair. It was a huge mess.

"Ugh!" the girl cried, "what the hell!" she screeched, and ran to the bathroom. Marinette snickered. Tikki popped out of her sleeve.

"Marinette," she warned, "You mustn't use the Miraculi for bad purposes!" the kwami scolded, quietly.

"But Tikki!" Marinette protested, "She threatened me! Also, I did her a favor! I could have drenched her hair instead!" Marinette pocketed the dragon miraculous. Tikki sighed and slipped back up her sleeve. Marinette felt her arm tingle. She rolled up her sleeve.

'did you ever meet a girl named Wilma Grates?' Marinette knit her brows.

'depends. Why?' she wrote, curiously.

'because I just heard her curse about you to five girls in the ladies room.' Marinette paled.

'Nope, not me. Must've been another Marinette.' she tucked her pen into her bag. The writing returned.

'I never said it was you. You just confirmed it. Not that I'm complaining or anything. What happened?' She slammed her head on the desk, rolled down her sleeve and ignored the tingling of repeated messages alerting her on her arm. She felt a sharp pinch on her neck.

"Ow!" the teacher turned from her lecture, glaring.

"Marinette is there something you wish to tell the class?" Cheeks turned red, she rose her head.

"No ma'am. Sorry for interrupting." She turned around and Marinette ripped the pen from her backpack.

'What the hell Damian? I just got yelled at!' she could imagine him snickering.

'it's not my fault you ignored me. What happened?' Marinette ignored him again. She hissed as her neck was pinched again.

'Damian. You can wait ten minutes for this class period to end.' she threw the pen back in her bag. Before she knew it, the bell rang. She grumbled and dragged herself out of her chair.

"Marinette." the teacher stated. "I understand that you are new here, but I expect you to pay attention more in class. Otherwise, you'll have to face serious consequences." Marinette held back an eyeroll and gave the teacher the same voice she used with Madame Bustier.

"Of course Madam. I apologize for any concern." The teacher smiled and nodded and Marinette had to run to her next class in order to not be late. She slammed the door open just in time for the bell to ring. Damian smirked at her. Jon snickered.