Chapter 10: Meeting gone wrong. Or right?

Marinette slid in the car next to Tim, and slammed the door shut. Damian ran out, face red with fury, and he had his hood up. She turned to Tim. She was holding the door shut.

"Do I have to sit next to him?" Tim chuckled.

"Sadly, yes. It's only a short ride. Maybe thirty minutes?" she raised her eyebrows.

"Thirty minutes?!?! What is with you Americans and your enlongated car rides?!?" Tim chuckled then pulled out his laptop. He turned away from her so she couldn't see. She rolled her eyes and turned to the door. Damian was pounding on the car door.

"WILL YOU STOP ACTING LIKE A CHILD AND LET ME IN YOU INSOLENT- DAMN IT." he punched the door and pulled his hand away, bloody. She snickered.

"And your saying I'm acting like a child?" Alfred sighed and turned to the back.

"Young masters, I would appreciate it if you left your ridiculous squabble at the door. We are running late as it is." Marinette crossed her arms and unlocked the door. Damian slammed it behind him. Before they even left the driveway, Damian splurted out,

"Will you shut up?" Marinette whipped her head around and gave him a look.

"I didn't say anything." Damian rolled his eyes.

"Then stop thinking so loud." Marinette scooted a little bit further away from him and pulled out a pen. She continued another flower pattern rising up her arm. Damian began to get uncomfortable and pulled his sleeves down and put his hands in his pockets. Face red, he plugged in his earbuds. Marinette secretly handed Tikki a cookie. She gratefully nuzzled her hand. Mari grabbed a few markers and began coloring the pattern in. He ripped off his earbuds.

"Will you STOP IT." Damian's voice thundered in the car.

"It's my own arm. Why is it bothering you so much?" he threw back his head in exasperation.

"You know, I feel bad for whatever soulmate you have. They must get pretty pissed that you keep doodling all over yourself." Marinette gave him a look.

"How do you know it's ink-orientated? I could have more than one soulmate connection. Also, how do you know that I've doodled on my arm in the past?" He shifted in his seat and stared out the window.

"I just assumed." she scoffed and pulled out her book.

"What?" he asked, irritated.

"For once you're not being all 'factual' and all that bs." he shrugged and scowled, facing the window once more, leaving Marinette to continue doodling. She went up her arm and then on the other. After a while, he secretly smiled at the loops and glitter covering his arm. Tim caught sight of this and he chuckled to himself.

"We are here. Please do not slam the door. Miss Marinette, I would like to have a word with you tonight, concerning your...... magic duties." he said nothing else as he pulled away.

"That was..... cryptic." Damian hid a snicker and pushed open the doors. The lobby grew quiet. Marinette walked by the waiting room, and followed Damian upstairs. She saw her class inside, and pulled up her hood. Damian sighed and gently pushed her torward the elevator and Alya caught a glimpse of her through the glass. Chloe shot her an apollegetic look before screaming at the brunette to shut up. Damian hit the button to the top floor and they went up, alone, in silence.

"Was that another one of your classmates? The one that was screaming?" Marinette sadly nodded and Damian scoffed. "I hope you don't mind me saying this, but they are insane." Marinette giggled while he felt a smile brought upon his face. The elevator dinged and they were back in the familiar hallway. They strolled down to the end. She grabbed the door handle "Ready?" she shook her head and opened it. Damian waited out in the hallway while Bruce and Madame Bustier seemed to be agressively conversing. She was standing up and yelling at him in french.