Chapter 4: Welcome to Wayne Manor

"Marinette, my son has a cat named Alfred and a dog named Titus." she never whipped her head around faster in her life.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

"Nuh uh. You're joking." he chuckled.

"No, here, let me get a picture of them out of my wallet OH WAIT. I forgot you young kiddos just have these pictures on your phone." Marinette giggled at the comment and looked over at the screen. "This was taken last night. He had flowers drawn on his arms. I assume this was you?" she went red. There was a raven haired boy hugging his dog and his cat was in his lap. He had a big smile on his face.

"He looks really happy." Bruce grimaced.

"You could uhh say that. So I take it will be a yes for staying with us at the Manor?" in a very childlike way, she squirmed in her seat.

"I really would love to. But what if Lila finds out and spreads some kind of bad rumor... oh wait, nothing can top the thing last month. I would love to come stay with you guys. Thank you." he knit his eyebrows.

"What happened last month?" terror flooded her eyes and her smile dropped.

"She got a gang of kids together and we had an incident in an alley. I know how to fight and I will say, I'm pretty good, but I was outnumbered."  Bruce nodded silently.

"So, you know how to fight?" she shifted in her seat.

"a little more than I'd like to admit sir." he rested his chin on his hand.

"What do you mean by that?" Marinette, you idiot. You just met this guy twenty minutes ago, and you are already about to tell him your identity. You are such an idot. She kept mentally smacking herself in the head. You are not stupid. Secrets are the easiest to handle when they are out in the open. A voice rang out through her head. "Marinette, are you here?" she flinched and jolted her face torwards his.

"Sorry, I was deep in thought. I just have a lot of experience fighting. That's all." He nodded his head, knowing that there was more to this than met the eye, but he dropped it.

"Alfred is here to pick you up and I am going to send Tim with you because you know him, and he needs to go home and get some sleep. He's an insomniac." she laughed.

"Aren't we all?" he joined her laugh.

"Ok so I'll be home later, and so will the family. I know there is a lot of them, and it's a lot to take in, but I think you'll fit in perfectly." she smiled kindly at the man.

"Thank you Mr Wayne." she shook his hand and headed out the door. He chuckled to himself and shook his head. He pulled out his phone, and called Dick.

"Hey sport, would you like to come over for dinner later? I know you are still mad at me, but there is someone I'd like you to meet. Yes, I think you'll like her. She's small, but she makes up for it with her big personality. You'll be there? Great! Can you get the rest of the family there? Yes, I'll handle Jason.See you later champ!" he dialed the next number on his list. Jason.

"Hey Jason. I know we are not on the best terms... at all, but I want you to come over for dinner tonight. This is different than my usual invites. There is a little girl I want you to meet. She is a really nice girl. Why are you asking me if she has a tragic backstory?"

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Marinette walked down the hall almost skipping. She could get away from Lila, this whole trip! She stopped in the middle of the hallway. What was that voice? Tim broke her thoughts. He smiled over at her.