Chapter 24 - The Hunter & the Fragile girl

Blake Hunt

I was sitting quietly over a branch of a giant tree while cleaning my hereditary blade sword and putting back in its cover

"Bethany, why her?"

I slam my hand to the branch feeling beyond frustrated and stared blankly at the sky unable to discern what to do next?. I need to stop Ethan from fulfilling his evil motives.

"He is bad news from the beginning since that day when I met him"

I groaned inwardly remembering that turbulent day.

"I couldn't able to save Bethany from him. I have no idea why he would be interested in an ordinary human like her. I just have to find out why?"

I sighed and jumped off that branch straight to the ground. Dusting off my clothes, I walked finally leaving the woods knowing its time to reach home and babysit my younger sister who is waiting for me.

Suddenly, the gusts change strangely giving me a sign of a turmoil arrival. I got the impression that something is going on here around me which I am unaware of and I quickly sprint off without a second thought towards my gut feeling and halted at glimpsing a girl unconscious on the ground.

"Who is she?"

Cautiously I move to inspect just in case, it's not a trap. My eyes widened at witnessing none other than Bethany lying there.

Her face has turned pale while her neck was bleeding as if someone bites her.

Vampires!!

I should have seen it coming that Ethan will hurt her.

That bloodsucking Bastard!

"Bethany"

I nudge her but she was weak, unable to move so I waste no time picking her up in my arms and rush out towards my home which exists at the end of these woods. I have spent my entire life here in these woods so it never scared me but a human-like Bethany shouldn't have been here.

.................................................................

It's been two hours since she is in bed unmoved just like me. I have stayed by her side unmoved just because she is precious to me don't know why but she is. I never dared to talk to her all these years but Ethan coerced me to break my pursuit and I had to get involved in her life.

She doesn't deserve this danger either it comes through me or that fucking sucker Ethan.

"Blake?" A soft voice breaks my eyes off Bethany.