Chapter 37 -The Lost Princess and her revelations

||Elizabeth||

My skirts wavered through the tiny grasses across the marvellous garden of the castle, the same castle where I was born, raised and learnt to fight for my brother. Mother always taught me to look after Ethan because he was sentimental, he has weaknesses and most importantly anyone could easily manipulate him.

And it happened under my nose

And it happened under my nose. I failed as a sister and lost him in the shadows of darkness.

"Elizabeth, you need to leave him alone" Ethos voice once again irked my ears

Ignoring him, I bent down and plucked a moonflower that is blooming too brightly under the cold moonlight.

"Look at this glorious flower, Ethos" I waved it at him and he just lets out a sigh before taking it at his palm

"So, You still remember my words, Beth?" He pronounced my pet name softly with a hint of care that tickled my heart.

"These white flowers bloom only in the night just like vampires who are most powerful in the darkness

"These white flowers bloom only in the night just like vampires who are most powerful in the darkness. These flowers relate to the sheer beauty of us, as we glow all night so they do" I smiled and parted my hair toward him.

Ethos fingers lightly brushed against my ears and placed the flower behind my left ear. There was serene peace that fell around us, wrapping us in a familiar moment where once Ethos and I were together as A crown princess and her advisor and now we are still here but he is my brother's advisor and my adversary.

"Elizabeth, I think you need to conceal your anger and see that your little brother is happy with Bethany. He is in love with her and she is not Rose" He tries to make me understand sincerely just like he used to do before when I was a teenage princess in need of constant guidance.

I let out a dry chuckle as my gaze darkened at him.

"I know she's not Rose, she is not even an inch near her personality and a pure soul, madly in love with my brother unaware of the dangers, the lies and traps he has built and convened for her in the name of love" I bitterly stated the facts and snorted "Does he think that he is saving her by blinding her with lies? No, Ethos this is his stupidity and there is no way I am going to sit idly and watch her die"