Chapter 11 - The Unexpected Date

Feeling lost, humiliated, and vetoed I returned back to my room and sobbed against the mattress feeling so miserable like a hole in my heart. I touch my lips instinctively and close my eyes recalling our kiss which means everything to me but nothing to him. He was just playing around satisfying his ego and he enjoys my misery. And above all that he has the nerve to drag Blake into this. I never wanted to hurt him intentionally.

I am really confused about my feelings, they all are over the place whether I should hate him or like him.

"Beth? " Angie's voice interrupts me and forced me to glance at the door where she was standing wearing a grim expression.

"Let me guess, " She sighed " The Great Ethan must have hurt you again".

I nod as she approaches and settles down on the bed. I just ignore to meet her gaze and stare at the wall instead.

"Hey Beth, don't be upset. I won't force you to tell me but you should get it off your chest, don't you think? " She rubs my arms.

I never hide anything from her and with almost blurry eyes, I told her everything and she listens attentively.

"JERK! " She exclaims loudly

"That he is " I sighed trying not to think about him.

"So, Blake misunderstood everything, hmm" She hummed

"You could say that " I sighed heavily

"Well, I just overreacted. I guess"

We both snap our heads to the door at hearing a familiar voice and my eyes widen as a familiar handsome face comes into the view

We both snap our heads to the door at hearing a familiar voice and my eyes widen as a familiar handsome face comes into the view. It's Blake who is leaning against the door with one hand and with another scratching the back of his head. He has a bright aura about him as if emitting lightness into the dark which always attracted me to him but now I am more enticed by the dark aura of Ethan. Shaking my head, I left the bed and approached him.

"May I come in, Bethany? " He asks nervously and I just nodded not knowing what to expect.

Angie also joins me as Blake finally stepped inside the room and stares at me with regretted eyes. It feels like he's genuinely sorry for everything and it wasn't his fault honestly.

"I am sorry about earlier, Bethany. I shouldn't have lost control like that and accuse you of something you hadn't done " He sighed

I feel relieved at least he has his own mind and will to actually realize the truth, unlike Ethan.

"It's alright, " I smile brightly

He gazes intently into my eyes as a beautiful smile spreads across his lips and he really has a cute smile. It suits him.

"Should I leave? " Angie nudges me trying to tease me.

"NO" Blake blurted

"NO" I blurted at the same time.