Chapter 22 - His Darkness and his past

Ethan Dark

Night of desiccation•

Blood streams coldly into my veins summoning me to do horrible things and the next I slam my hand against the wooden door knifing it in a swift motion and just stood there clutching my head which was throbbing severely and then the weird feeling of my heart coerced me to cause chaos but I tried not to lash out because it'll have consequences.

And then I heard the lightning piercing through the sky reminding me of my duty as the Prince of the Dark World of not only Vampires but other creatures as well.

"Ethan, stop this nonsense now," Ethos appeared in my study and examines the mayhem I just made to the room.

" I can't, Ethos " I shook my head having no control over my anger and turn to him with my fiery royal red eyes.

Ethos stumbled back certainly frightened of me but then he averts his gaze off me because right now he can't look at me. I am not a normal Vampire at the moment, I am a Crowned Prince whom nobody can defy no matter who.

"LEAVE ME, ALONE" I commanded him and he obeyed dashing out of my sight.

I take several intensified breaths before walking out in the balcony and stare up at the sky which is darkened jet black indicating a storm has to come by me which will ruin lives if I don't control this power surging inside of me.

Feeling restless, annoyed, hurt, lost and angry I dash out of my room reaching downstairs the next second almost collide into a familiar person.

"Luke" I sighed taking a reluctant breath which doesn't matter but in the habit.

" Ethan, you're gaining sovereignty of your crown and its dangerous to inherit them now. You are not ready for them" Luke clutched my arm trying to calm me but it's no use since I can't feel anything except death and blood.

It feels like my body is summoning me to bloodshed and spread chaos everywhere. I know Luke is right about these powers, my body can't take it until the coronation. I am not ready but right now I have no control, I am feeling restless and unhappy.

Is it because I am feeling sad or it is because I failed?. I can't able to forget the hurt I witnessed in her eyes, the hate I couldn't stand it. What does it all mean?. I can not get closer to a human who meant nothing to me until I met her. She has something special about her which I can't deny and today I felt the pain for the first time.

"She said, she doesn't want to see my face ever again," I huffed groaning feeling something strongly surging through my veins.

"Ethan quit it. Don't think about her or feel it," Luke advised slowly rubbing my arms.

"No, I can't help it" I shake my head unable to stop this from happening.

If I couldn't able to control this power, everything will be destroyed, there will be death and blood everywhere just because of me.

"Ethan..."

I stop him and faintly look him in the eyes and I know what to do at this moment before I conclude to stop this.

"Take me to the dungeons," I ordered him.

He helps me in reaching there fast since I was feeling utterly lost, unfocused and vulnerable. I can't seem to use my powers, it feels like everything is drained out of my body and there are the only vulnerability and death.