Chapter 33 - Plant of Lies

• Bethany •

The shock was evident on my face, my mouth was hanging open and I couldn't suppress the sudden revelation of him being the Vampire Prince and now the King.

"Pledge to darkness?" I look at Lucia puzzled

His expressions softened at me as he slowly guide me to the gardens. The beautiful pink flowers were swaying along with the current of the wind. They were truly glistening in the dim light of almost sunset and looking more beautiful than ever.

I feel like something is magical and mysterious about this place. It was alluring and grimy at the same time.

"You know he is the Crowned Prince of Vampires but they aren't the only creatures of the night. There are many others like Werewolves, witches and hybrids many more who need the protection of the King" Lucia explained a little about it

But I was more curious than ever so asked again "And how can he protect them?"

Lucia shook his head at my question and then stared at the castle situated in front of him.

"Ethan is half-blood Prince that I can't explain to you, he'll but his powers are invincible, he has the leverage to rule anyone, bend their wills and conceal them in darkness" Lucia exhales a heavy sigh causing me to be more confused than ever.

"I don't get it" I sighed trying to get this into my head but his words were too heavy and tangled.

"You don't have to get anything cause he'll not let you in, Bethany," Lucia says grimly

I quirk an eyebrow at him but he just turned his back on me.

"It'll be less painful for you if you keep your nose aside from his life"

It was more Iike bright evening, he started walking and ushered me to be beside him.

We cross the field of swaying pink flowers that were fluttering like crazy with air just like my mind and heart. I couldn't think straight about anything other than Ethan and Lucia's heavy talks that were currently messing with my small head.

"This all is so stunning" I couldn't help but be awestruck by the beauty of this place.

I heard a chuckle from behind and then Lucia stood beside me. I tilt my head to see him closely because I never paid attention to any male since I have met Ethan.

He has beautiful blue eyes, a sharp-edged face and thin line lips. So, the truth is that all Vampires are handsome more like Ethan one is a plus point on it.