Chapter 6 - The Misunderstanding

||Bethany||

My heart sink as the realization comes down to me that I am alone in the middle of the woods not having the slightest idea of where am I?

And not to ignore, this is the replica of my nightmares the same I had on a daily basis for the past few years. These surroundings are so familiar everything is the same as I've seen in those nightmares.

"Oh God! How can I get out of here? I don't know where to go? I am so stupid. Just for the guy whom I barely know, I got jealous, really? How can I be so dumb?"

I clenched my feet together feeling scared, my whole body is shaking not having a clue how to get out of here?. I just want to leave this face. No one even knows where am I so there is no chance that anyone will search for me.

"I am doomed," I stomp my foot feeling frustrated.

Suddenly, something growled behind, jerking me from my place.

"What was that " I cautiously turned and scanned the surroundings through my eyes trying to search the source of the voice.

I stepped towards a giant tree hesitantly gathering all my courage and again look around to find if there is an animal or something.

But I found nothing at all. What if there is a human, not an animal?

"Anyone here, hello?" I called out but no reply.

I slump my shoulders feeling disappointed and shook my head. I pulled out my phone to call Angie but there is no network.

"What the hell " I groaned.

Abruptly, I get tensed when I noticed the fog filling in my surroundings and the temperature decreased as each second passes by. It is kind of strange because it's summer not winters. So, this is odd right?

My body starts shivering with the sudden cold engulfing me in its grip.
I rub my arms and exclaimed, "How can it be so cold?

It's summer, this is freaking strange. I think I am going to die soon if it continues like this. I stroll around to find escape shuddering hard but it felt like I am wandering in circles and reaching at the same place again and again.

Defeated, I sit under the shade of the large tree, through which moon light was trying to make its place and flickering timidly at the ground, fighting the darkness which is wholly fell around me.

"I think I am going to die, " I curled up against the tree as this coldness becomes unbearable for me.

"It was a bad idea to wear this revealing dress. I can't bear this any longer, " I trembled more, unable to fight this chilliness.

Suddenly, I hear a growl as if something approaching me. My heart beats loudly with anticipation thinking what it could be?

 My heart beats loudly with anticipation thinking what it could be?