Chapter 25 - Her Savior

Bethany Spark

Silence

There was only silence fell around the room once Blake left giving me a lot to think about. Now I know, he knew Ethan before me, they share a history which can't be good speculating the feud between them.

"If Blake didn't save me then it is Ethan but if did then where is he? " My head was banging loudly with these pounding thoughts.

I shrug and tried to rest not to think about anything. Firstly I need to redeem my body because the energy seems to off it. I can't even think straight because of the fatigue.

I couldn't sleep so I decided to stare up at the ceiling patiently waiting for Blake but he didn't come. Seconds turn into minutes which irked me because he has been gone for more than twenty minutes.

"Something isn't right" I concluded and forced myself to leave the soft bed. 

As soon as, my feet touch the cold floor they give up. I feel an instant current running through my entire body shaking me to the core maybe because I am still weak and need rest instead of wandering around.

But something is very wrong here. Something has happened to Blake neither he would have been here and not to ignore it's so quiet like no one lives here.

"BLAKE"

I yelled his name through the corridor while approaching the stairs and went down to the main hall.

"Blake, are you okay?" I said softly letting my voice meet the darkness.

It creeped me out but I didn't stop and peek inside the kitchen to see if he is there but he wasn't. There was no trace of anyone, which frightened me.

"Bethany"

My heart calmed at hearing his soothed voice.

I quickly turn and sighing him with a familiar woman standing beside him. Her icy red eyes twinkled in the mere light of the room sending chills down my spine. She was wearing normal clothes just like me instead of her Victorian Gown.

"Elizabeth?"

I gasped and trembled at even pronouncing her name. She winked at me and tossed Blake to the couch before appearing in front of me. Her eyes dangerously measured mine. She could easily smell my fear if she wanted and maybe she already has.

She's dangerous

"Missed me, didn't you?" She chuckled reaching out to touch me but I stepped away.

"Don't touch me" I hissed summoning my courage trying not to freak out.

"Aww, you got a tongue too?" She knowingly teases me enjoying my misery.

"Elizabeth leave her, please" Blake pleaded from behind while groaning in pain.

"No, Blake. She is my prey. You need to stay out of it and worry about your sister, not her" Elizabeth glared at him as he simply gives me a guilty look. 

Then it clicked, I understood everything. Elizabeth has his sister and blackmailing him not to help me out in return for her sister.