Chapter 39 - The Strategies and The Priestess

Silence has been hewing around in the study of Prince of Dark as he was kneeling on his left knee in front of the High Priestess to accept her blessings on him taking the monarchy in his hands.

The Priestess silently watched him and placed her hand over his head while whispering some quiet chants which wasn't audible to anyone even though the room has two vampires present but they couldn't hear a thing she was mumbling under her breath.

"Stand up, Ethan" The Priestess commanded in a soft tone and watched the Vampire King heeding her command.

She has her face concealed in her cloak but she could easily see anything beyond anyone's imagination because she has those powers of nature that make her invisible just like once Ethan's mother was but she was betrayed and killed by fallacies.

"I Zilla the Priestess of Darkness, bless you with the ability to control everything that is living and dead including weather," Zilla says and blows her magic dust with her mouth on the Vampire which was on her palm.

Ethan didn't move and wholly embraces this unusual ability gifted by her. He didn't feel any changes but little did he know, this ability will be valuable later.

Zilla moved back to the window and stare outside at the endless dark sky that has been filled with tiny twinkling lights.

"Why are unable to break the curse, Ethan?"

She questioned him further, "Roseline is your Queen and you know, the King is incomplete without his Queen by his side".

The Priestess finally dropped her cloak fully revealing herself to the Vampires.

Her face glowed like a diamond in the light as her hair were matching the colour of the sky, they are shiny dark brown which were barely reaching her shoulders

"I apologise but I don't think I can break the curse or intend to bring her back," Ethan lowered his head in dishonour.

He wasn't scared of her wrath or the punishment, all he knows that he is truly loving that girl and won't let anyone harm her.

Zilla just lets out a deep chuckle and gestures Ethos to excuse them because she wants Ethan alone with her. After Ethos left the study, Zilla shoved Ethan's chin up with her sharp nails that slightly slashed his skin but it instantly healed.

"See in my eyes, Ethan and tell me the truth because waking up your queen should have been your priority" Zilla eyes flickered in distress as she peered inside the eyes of the King.

The Vampire King showed no weakness and skillfully hide the reality of Bethany the human girl who is the key to breaking the curse but he didn't wish her to.

"Very impressive, Ethan I must say I am impressed" Zilla laughed and releases him.

Her laugh wasn't reaching her eyes because she is unhappy with the path he has chosen.