Chapter 8 - The Spit

|| Bethany||

I blinked at Blake unable to understand his question and scan my surroundings, realizing he is right.

What am I doing in the class? I went to meet Professor and then...

Blank
.......
Nothing I remember nothing at all.

I have no recollection of what happened afterwards. I am confused about what is wrong with me?

"Bethany, Are you okay?" He places a hand over my shoulder, concerned.

I don't know what to say and how to make him understand this, he'll think I am insane.

"I am fine, Blake. Don't worry, " I lied but it's better than speaking the truth.

This is bugging me since morning. Why do I keep forgetting the important memories? This is not a good sign for me. There is something wrong with me or it wouldn't have been happening to me.

Shaking my head, I tried to stand up but my legs give out and I was about to fall when someone holds me and steadied me in my place.

"Thank you, Bla...k...

I trailed off when my eyes locked with the brown one's. It's not Blake, it's Ethan.

Ethan smirks and nods, "You are most welcome, Miss Spark".

I was surprised to see him here so I asked, " What are you doing here? "

I wasn't expecting him to be here and after what I said to him in the hallway he shouldn't be here.

He frowns at my question and sighed, "Don't you remember, Bethany?"

I shook my head and before I could answer him Blake breaks in glaring at Ethan as if doubting him.

"What did she not remember, Ethan? What are you playing at? " Blake hisses as if going to eat him alive

They both glared at each other like some old rivals and were ready to break into a fight.

But Ethan replies in a soft tone, " Miss Spark had a concussion then Professor Ethos decreed me to carry her here so she could rest before class and feel better. But now it seems, she needs a proper bed rest".

Blake eyes him suspiciously as I could sense the tension rising between them. I feel like they are going to murder each other. I was startled when I feel a strong grip on my wrist and then notice Ethan who is holding my hand and tugging me to follow him.

"Miss Spark, Let's go," He invoked me entirely ignoring Blake who doesn't seem pleased with his attitude.

Ignoring everything, I asked Ethan, " Where to?"