Chapter 16 - The Mortal

Bethany Spark

My skin crawled up as I got goosebumps when he declared that he'll hand me over to his sister. I clamp hands over my mouth unable to move so I can't make noise which will grab unnecessary attention as I have read in several books that Vampires have very sharp senses so there is a fair possibility that she can even hear my breaths.

"Oh God, Save me!" I prayed internally shivering hard.

I trembled at thought of Elizabeth's fangs sinking deep into my flesh. My body trembled terribly not even able to breathe properly.

My breathing hitched when the knob turns of the cupboard and I squeeze my eyes shut not ready to face the consequences. There are two vampires waiting for me the other side who could have been happy about it?.

"Not here, sis. The scent is coming from there" Ethan distracted her.

I stick myself against the door so I can hear them correctly.

"Oh that poor girl who believes that you're his boyfriend, " She huffs "Oh Ethan, my little brother".

"Such a foolish immortal no mind to use. She isn't aware that she's just your feed bag not much more than that".

Her evil voice was dripping with bitterness.

" Yes, Foolish Humans" Ethan agreed with her which boiled my blood.

Both chuckled as he suggested, " So what do you say?. Wanna taste her?".

I feel like puking even listening to their conversation cause in their eyes, humans like us are pathetic creatures born to feed them. I have to escape from here.

"No, Not at all. I am not interested in her. She seems utterly pale to me, " Elizabeth declined his offer.

"On the second thought, I'll grab my meal on the way. There are many immortals waiting for me to taste their blood. See ya, later" Elizabeth asserted and then there was a silence.

The door swings open scaring the hell out of me revealing Ethan Dark smirking down at me. I notice his physical features glinting brightly as he stares at me sharply.

"Hey Babes, did you enjoy your little trip to the cupboard?" He laughed at my current condition

He stoops down leaning in towards me.

"Stay Away From Me, " I warned him still not able to gather my courage.

I tilt my head another direction so I can't see him but in a quick motion, I was up in his arms.

"Well too bad, I am not leaving you that easily today"

He wasn't sorry at all. He was enjoying it as I was scared to death being in arms of a blood-sucking creature isn't a joke.