Chapter 35 - One Step closer to the truth

||Bethany||

Surprises, today is the day of surprises that one by one, I am striking one after another.

Firstly, I witnessed my mother having a heated conversation with Angie as if they know each other like I don't know them.

Secondly, Elizabeth acted nicely to me as a proper classy princess should act.

"That's strange" I sighed and recalled the conversation between my mother and Angie.

A few moments ago...

I was hiding behind the pillar while trying to heed them and then I heard one of them speaking.

"The deal is off, Liona and you know that" Angie hissed while glaring at my mother

My eyes widened at her words feeling clueless about the deal she is mentioning.

"But I can't, Angie. Please understand, she's my daughter" She clutched Angie's hand mostly begging her to understand her situation.

But Angie jerked her hand off her and hissed "Don't fool me, Liona. I can't help you now"

I couldn't even able to process her words when suddenly she sensed my presence.

"Who's there?"

Present...

What was that? Why my mother would talk to Angie that way?

What is the deal they were talking about and how does it relate to me?

I have no answers just unsolve mysteries that can only be solved if I agree to meet Elizabeth who might or might not kill me.

I was so engrossed in my world of thoughts that a tap on my shoulder made me shriek in panic.

"Leave me" I jerked off the hand of my shoulder and turned to face a pair of brown eyes staring back at me very concerned.

"Bethany, it's just me" He stroked my shoulders and pulled me into his safe embrace.

"Bethany, are you okay? You look pale" His voice is dripped in worry.

I shuddered when his hand touched my forehead to check if I caught a cold or have a fever but this feeling of uncertainty wasn't because of that.

My heart clenched into knots when I stared into the depth of his brown hypnotic eyes that were looking at me as truth-seeking missiles.

Should I tell him about Elizabeth and her invitation for meeting up after the party?

"Bethany, hey" He brushes his feather-like lips over my eyes and stroked the back of my hand.

A surge of current ran through my entire body left me trembling in elation.

"Ethan...

I paused and looked around feeling a little panicked and made sure neither Angie nor Elizabeth is roaming around as the future King of the Dark World is willingly waiting for me to complete my sentence.