Chapter 43 - The Crown Princess

||Elizabeth||

The year 1897...

The weather was lively so my heart was because my father has happily approved of my relationship with Owen at first, he wanted me to marry the Prince of York but with patience, I eventually made him understand that my happiness lies with Owen, not anyone else.

With a winning smile on my lips, I searched the garden to find him but he was nowhere to find.

Where are you, Owen?

I sulked in worry as it has already been a week since I have seen him, he hasn't even bothered to meet me or even sent me any letters.

My skirts skimmed throughout the castle grounds as I checked every corner of this place to find him since his father is here, he would have accompanied him as well but Owen didn't even bother to see me.

Is he angry with me? But at least he could have seen me and not tortured me like this, where I am dying to see him?

"Your grace, may I speak?"

I nodded at my handmaiden Asia who lowered his voice before telling me.

"Lord Owen is in the graveyard"

I smiled at Asia and quickly rushed towards the graveyard like a lost pet searching for his beloved and that's true, he's my everything and I love him wholeheartedly.

But when I stepped inside the graveyard, it smelled like death making me feel extremely nauseous. A sharp pain cut through my brain, urging me to return and not go any further.

I mustered my will and stepped onto the wasteland. A step further, another one and one after another to reach him but suddenly I tripped and fell over a shrine of a soldier.

The moment my hand touched it, I felt immense pain - going through the same amount of suffering he felt when he was slaughtered in the war so viciously that tears moistened my cheeks, causing me to yelp in pain to make it stop but it only gets worse than before.

It was unbearable. The pain was wearing chest, but I still kept going.

Owen needs me...

I only knew that he needs me, I have to be with him right now when he is feeling so vulnerable that he didn't even bother me, his beloved who can do everything to see him happy and he knows that very well.

I kept falling as new waves of visions were knocking her down but there is no back for me. I knew I shouldn't have come here, knowing I have these certain powers passed by my vampire mother to me when I was born as a human but never thought, they will hurt me this much since I am not a vampire, not strong enough to stop them neither to bear them.

Finally, the rows of shrines thinned, and I saw him.

Oh, Owen!

He was sitting in the dust on the ground. Bent back, lowered face...

"Owen"

I rushed to him, losing my last strength, falling to the ground next to him. I hugged his neck and started caressing his face and shoulders not caring about my dignity or my reputation.