Chapter 44 - The Dreams

|| Bethany ||

There were tears, pain and unknown dismay in my heart that was hurting me deeply as my soul has already in love with this devil who has killed the lover of his sister.

How can he do this to her? Did he not even think about his sister before taking Owen's life?

My teary gaze flickered out of the window, staring at the rainfall that has swallowed the road and whole surroundings.

"You can take a nap as the journey is long"

I glanced at Luke who was just driving silently, the things he told me were past now as his expressions were telling me that he is not in the mood to talk about either Rose, Ethan, Owen or Elizabeth.

Sighing, I lean back in the seat and closed my eyes to chase him and my feelings away so I can move on in my life as I desperately want to live peacefully now, without him as he was never into me, he never loved me and all these things he did for me just because my face is same as his wife Roseline.

I am just a reminder of her to him, a key to lifting off that curse, just a path towards his lovely wife who is waiting for him for centuries.

He never felt my love for him, he kept misguiding me. His heart has always been hers but I became such a fool even assuming that he has feelings for ne, that between us there is something worth risking for and that I shouldn't be scared of him because he won't ever hurt me.

Not just that he hurt me, he toyed with me and my feelings.

But the irony of the situation is, that neither I can hate him nor forget him as he is the first guy in my life whom I fell and felt for this strongly.

Exhausted from thinking of him, I finally closed my eyes and slowly submitted my soul to the darkness which was slowly gripping me, forcing me to lose consciousness as if there was something that I need to meet.

"Dearest Key, open your eyes"

I was startled and bothered by this familiar voice which I have heard before, it was very similar to Rose.

Fluttering my eyes a little, I finally looked around and panicked at the sight of the cemetery.

What am I even doing here?

Was I not in the car with Luke?

The more I look around the more I felt terrified as the cemetery was deadly quiet and filled with the insanity of darkness which was driving me crazy.