11

brinn walked up to the gravesite of her dearest friend. she wore all black respectively including large black sunglasses. she walked up to the back of the grave and turned facing it. tears welled in her eyes seeing all the flowers that were placed on the grave site.

"hey maxy" brinn sat down in front of the stone. she smiled, a smile filled with pain. she set down the roses that she had boughten and placed them with the existing ones.

"i didnt know who else to talk to about this, i cant talk to anyone about this" brinn tried pulling herself together but it wasn't working.

"im undercover again" she sighed deeply "i shouldn't have done it not again. not after last time" she looked down at a picture frame that she had remembered it was his mothers favorite of him.

"i can tell things are going to go south soon" she wiped away the dirt on the glass making the true colors of the picture shine through again "i can tell wayne has changed, i dont feel like we are partners anymore"

"the only person i trust is you maxy" brinn placed the frame back down against the stone. "im in love with one of my marks, i know you are probably scolding me" brinn chuckled.

"i didnt plan it, but the worst part is i dont care im in love with him, at the end of this, when it turns south, i know in my heart im gonna pick him" brinn sighed deeply.

"tell me what to do max" she shook her head with her eyes closed "i miss you so much" her eyes still remained closed.

"im a painter now" she laughed to herself.

her petite body sat in front of the grave stone, touching it every so often. she had been sitting there little over an hour. wayne watched from afar, parked at the other side of the graveyard just watching. his chin rested on his hand which was balled in a fist, squinting his eyes to see her.

after a little while longer she had gotten up, touching the stone one last time placing a kiss on her hand then touching his name. she walked ro her car about ten feet away and drove off.

wayne buckled his seatbelt and drove over to his grave. he walked slowly to it at first admiring all the flowers that had been laid there, he had suspected from his family and close friends.

"hello old friend" wayne spoke looking around as if he didn't actually believe himself that he was talking to a grave.

"ive gotta do my job, we both know that. those who don't do their jobs, they fuck up the whole system" wayne growled. he upholstered his gun and aimed it at the grass he stood on that max's casket laid under. he pulled the trigger three times. sending three bullets into the grass.

he put his gun back grabbing the shell casings and walked back to his car driving off.