5

scarlett stood in the mirror getting ready for what technically would be their second date. she brushed out her hair leaving it naturally wavy and decided on only wearing chapstick and mascara.

zion sat on the corner of his bed scrolling aimlessly through his phone nervous to see scarlett again. zion was one to catch feelings too quickly so he was hope that this time would be different, that he wouldn't get hurt again.

"you coming with us, we're going to choppys" brandon appeared in zions doorway.

"nah i'm going out with scarlett" zion replied standing up from his bed throwing on a baseball cap.

"oouu art girl?" brandon asked referring to the girl he had briefly mentioned.

"man shut up" zion shook his head laughing at his friend.

"hahah ight, i'll see you" brandon dapped up zion and walked out of his room.

"you look beautiful" zion was in awe seeing scarlett standing in her door way. she wore a white wrap shirt showing of her long tan legs complimenting them beautifully with a tan one shoulder top that matched perfectly. her hair was undone purposely to show off her natural beach waves and her makeup was kept to a minimum.

"thanks" scarlett blushed hard making zion chuckle.

"you wanna?" zion asked motioning his head towards the car.

"oh yeah" scarlett said a tiny bit embarrassed for how long they stood at her front door. she hurried out of her house locking the door behind her and walked with zion to the car.

"so you know the guy that's performing?" scarlett asked zion as they began to drive towards the destination of their date.

"yeah, i met him a few years back at one of our shows. his music is amazing" zion said.

"what's his name again?" scarlett asked curiously.

"his names giveon" zion replied bringing the car to a stop at a light.

"hm can't wait to hear him" scarlett smiled at zion who was already looking at her. the light turned green and zion grabbed scarletts hand as he began driving again making her heart swoon.

"here" zion said laying down a blanket on the grass which gave them a great view of the stage.

"thank you" scarlett sat down on the blanket and zion followed.

"here is your ticket" zion handed scarlett a back stage pass.

"you mean we're gonna go back stage?" scarlett looked at him with wide eyes.

"yeah he's a friend in mine" zion laughed slightly at her.

"so this is what life in la is like huh" scarlett smiled.

"trust me wasnt always like this" zion scuffed and looked off into the distance referencing him and the guys rough start in la. scarlett just nodded knowing that there was still something he was keeping hidden inside. but she expected nothing else because most guys did the same.

"great show man" zion dapped up giveon once he saw them as him and scarlett walked through backstage.

"thanks man i appreciate you coming out" giveon replied.

"this is scarlett" zion introduced the two, struggling to give her a title because they weren't dating.

"your music is amazing, i feel like i've been missing out because this was my first time hear you" scarlett said sweetly.

"i'm glad you liked it" giveon gave her a dashing smile "i'll have to hook you guys up with more tickets when i come around next"

"yeah i'd love to see another show" scarlett smiled.

"well i'll catch you, gotta go get my moms" giveon said saying goodbye and thanks one last time to the two of them before walking around more to find his mom.

"he's really nice" scarlett commented as her and zion walked around a little.

"yeah one of the first real people i met in la" zion nodded.

"i don't know you that well yet" scarlett said as they walked around on the grass in the night sky "but i can tell that you're gonna be real with me no matter what, and i appreciate that" scarlett said truthfully to zion making a smile smile appear on his face.

"we should get to the car you look cold" zion said noticing her lack of a jacket and his lack of one to give to her.

"yeah it's a little cold now isn't it" she nodded following zion noticing how he deflected her compliment. zion opened her door for her and then jogged around to the other side to get in.

"here" zion said fiddling with with heat and ac to make it warmer in the car.

"so tell me more about when you first came to la" scarlett said as her and zion just sat in the car.

"it was a shit show" zion admitted "it was just taking five young kids and throwing them into a whole knee environment, like what good can come out of that at first" zion shrugged.

"yeah i get it" scarlett nodded.

after a quiet ride home zion and scarlett pulled up to her house and walked to her doorstep. "i had a lot of fun tonight" scarlett said honestly.

"yeah me too" zion nodded "we should do this again"

"yeah" scarlett smiled and nodded looking away from zion. the two stood there in silence for a second until zion took her hand pulling her close to his chest and connected their lips.

"we can go inside" scarlett said just above a whisper as they pulled away due to the fact that she was out of breath.

"yeah" zion replied with a smile and scarlett lead him in.