26

"we could get in through the service elevator" edwin proposed pointing to the blue prints of the perterson oil company building.

"we can't, we will have to make it to the whole other side of the building it's too risky" austin shook his head "but we could exit that way" austin said pulling the blueprints towards himself and traced the route with his finger.

"great, but we still need to find a way in" brinn paced thinking.

"what about the front doors" nick suggested but as simple as it sounded he was onto something "edwin can hack the cameras so they won't see us and grant said there's only one security officer at the front desk right?"

"that might work" brinn nodded "edwin do you think you can hack the cameras without any evidence of them being tampered with?"

"what do you think this is of course i can" edwin grinned "if i disable them remotely and then once we get past security i can hack into their servers and make it look like it was the cameras fault"

"perfect" brinn nodded.

"i still don't trust this grant guy" zion sat back in his chair "how'd you even meet him?"

"i was the one who arrested him for the dui's" brinn said to zion.

"and how did he find you?"

"well.."

one month earlier
the coast of mexico

"your a hard girl to find" a man walked up onto the private beach of brinns home. she looked at the man confused as to who he was.

"do i know you?" brinn asked facing him.

"you should" the man smiled and took off his shades revealing a familiar face.

"grant" brinn smiled and walked up and hugged him.

"do you know how long it took me to find you?" grant laughed as brinn lead him towards her house that day on the beach.

"how long?" brinn asked curiously pouring him a glass of lemonade as they sat in her outdoor patio.

"3 months, and that was with three different men working on it" grant chuckled taking a sip of the drink letting out a breath of refreshment.

"maybe you shoulda had a women do it" brinn smiled and winked at him.

"next time" grant chuckled lowering his head.

"so you didn't look for three months for nothing, i assume you have something important" brinn said.

"what i can't just visit an old friend?" grant held his arms out "but i do want something, i want to hire you"

"hire me?" brinn looked at him shocked. grant went on telling her everything about his father and his new buisness.

"what do you say?" grant asked hopeful.

"i don't know" brinn sighed holding her arms "i've got a life now" brinn looked at grant sincerely.

"mommy!" zuri burst through the door with julie right behind her. zuri ran straight through the house towards brinn and jumped in her arms hugging her tightly. brinn looked over her shoulder at grant with pleading eyes.

"thank you" brinn smiled at julie who walked out onto the patio. julie looked at grant and then back at brinn.

"you good?" julie asked caring for her friend as grant turned around and gave her a soft friendly smile.

"yeah this is my friend jeff, he just came down for a visit" brinn told julie and she nodded and headed out.

"baby go play for a little ok?" brinn tapped on zuri and she ran off into the house.

"she's your life" grant i served as brinn sat back down across from him.

"yeah" brinn nodded.

"tell me you'll think about it" grant insisted.

"grant..." brinn started and then went quite, she wanted to help him but she didn't want to give her life up "i'll think about it" brinn agreed.

"now can you stop acting like i just pulled this job out of my ass and not from a trusted friend of mine?" brinn scolded zion. the rest of the guys quietly sat back biting their tongues.

"yeah yeah" zion nodded at brinn. brinn gave him a last look and then continued to look at the blueprints.  

"man she killed you today" nick clapped his hands as he laughed bending over because of how heavy the laughter was.

"man shut up" zion shoved nicks shoulder pushing him into the wall of the hallway they walked down.

"he ain't wrong z" austin laughed as well.

"fuck y'all, i ain't miss you at all" zion scuffed and entered brandons room where they all agreed to chill.

"yeah you did don't front" brandon smiled and took a seat at his desk chair.