20

zion and austin walked through the small town with their bandanas around their faces and their normal work boots. the locals smiled at them politely trying to get then to buy their vegetables and jams they grown and made by hand.

"what we supposed to do just walk through?" zion asked austin in just above a whisper as the continued to walk.

"we have to reach the market sign at the west end and then she said that's when we will get the sign" austin remembered brinn said to them. zion nodded and they continued walking periodically stopping to look at some of the farmers stans to avoid suspicion. a man with a red bandanna laid across his fruits so the flys didn't get at them looked at them intensely.

"what kinda fruits you got?" zion asked curiously.

"black berries and raspberries" the man lifted the bandana revealing the freshly grown fruit "i'm the only one that grows them round here" the man said casually.

"you must be the best of the best then" zion raised his brow and picked up a berry eating it giving him the complete signal.

"that's right" he nodded and covered them back up. zion and austin walked away from the stan towards the truck and both felt a ring in their pockets. zion fishes the phone out of his pocket and saw the red light flashing on meaning something was happening at the farm.

at the farm 20 minutes earlier.

"so what are we supposed to do?" edwin asked brinn.

"go to work, act normal. wouldn't be a surprise if they had eyes on the place" brinn said simply "and make sure your carrying" she finished and walked out of the house.

"man i don't want to keep doing this. all the running and hiding it's exhausting. i want to disappear for good, off the grid" edwin admitted to nick.

"we got ourselves into this, we have to get ourselves out" nick said loading his gun and placing it in his waist band.

"i'm not running forever" edwin said.

"we won't have to" nick replied and patted edwin on the back walking out to go to work.

"what do you mean?" brinn looked at jeff concerned.

"i mean, the car can't get here, we're gonna have to send a chopper or wait longer" jeff replied calmly.

"it's a car, how hard is it to get one here?" brinn asked him growing frustrated.

"they're monitoring all traffic, my men reported new bodies in town" jeff said.

"i have two of mine in the town right now because your men couldn't go" brinn rose her voice at jeff.

"your men will be fine" jeff said calmly.

"you can't promise that, not right now" brinn shook her head at him. jeff looked past brinn seeing the north gates open again and a familiar truck pull in.

"get in the barn" jeff pushed brinn towards the barn. brinn held her ground until she looked behind her to see the same truck from the other day pull in "you in the barn" jeff pointed to nick who was passing by the two of them.

"what?" nick looked at the two of them concerned. brinn pulled nick by the arm and pulled him into the housing barn. jeff hopped on his four wheeler and headed towards the north gate to see what was going on.

"everyone get ready" brinn announced grabbing the attention of all the personnel who were winding down.

"what do you mean?" jason came up to brinn full of concern.  above brinns head a light began to flash white and then green and nick and brinns phones began to ring the emergency tone.

"ok guys we know what that means"  jason announced and they began pulling their guns from under their bunks and began to load them.

"edwins alone in the house" brinn shook her head frustrated.

edwin sat in the living room staring at the gun sitting  on the coffee table. he never liked the idea of crime but ultimately he was sucked in by the adrenaline rush. edwins phone began to ring a strange noise he hadn't seen before and then the sign above the door began to flash as well.

"shit" edwin sat up quickly grabbing his gun and peaked out the window. he saw a car sitting near the north gate and jeff talking to the man. edwin ran over locking the door and went into the bunker to grab extra amo.

"back so soon" jeff joked jumping off of the four wheeler.

"i got another offer for you" the man proposed and jeff nodded "i've got this place surrounded, you give me who i want and no one gets hurt" he crossed his arms.

"i'm not following" jeff squinted his eyes at the cop while pressing his emergency button on his phone that he had in his pocket.

"i think you are" wayne said pulling a gun from behind his back. jeff put his hands up in defense and waited for wayne to cuff him.

brinn nick and the men prepared for what they expected, a huge ambush of agents. brinn checked her gun and clocked in keeping it in her hand. she went up to the upper level of the barn where the guys were getting guns ready quickly and looked out the window. she saw the house which was untouched thankfully but she also saw jeff about to be cuffed.

"we have to move now!" brinn said running down the stairs.

"you know you can't do that" jason blocked her from moving.

"jeff needs our help" brinn looked at him.

"jeff can handle himself" jason looked down at brinn "make sure she stays put" jason told nick and he nodded.