2

brinn walked into her la house getting rid of her sweatshirt and heels as soon as she walked into the door. she stumbled to her bedroom partly because of the alcohol and her tiredness. brinn shrugged her dress onto the ground and put on pajama shorts and an oversized crew neck and hopped into bed not worrying about her makeup.

i sat in the living room of the targets place, paul daniels. he was our main suspect in a drug trafficking case. paul sat underneath my legs as he laughed with his accomplices.

"baby how about a glass of bud for the guys and i?" paul tapped on my legs.

"of course baby" i smiled at him kissing his cheek before standing up and going to the kitchen. i filled up four glasses with beer and walked them out handing one to paul, another to the guy standing in the corner and one to the guy sitting in a chair across from paul. lastly i walked and handed one to the guy who leaned against the back door smoking a cigarette. he nodded his head at me as a thank you.

"now let's talk business" paul spoke as i sat back down.

"we need to know why renzo , hasn't showed up with our latest shipment" a guy by the name of luis spoke up.

"renzo didn't only screw us over by taking our coke, he screwed over cruz too. he stole his shipment and ours" paul explained calmly.

"he screwed us over he has to pay" the guy that was smoking a cigarette added walking over to us.

"everything is taken care of-" paul started but the glass from the windows suddenly broke and smoke bombs exploded. paul's arms went around me pulling me to the floor protecting me. the other three guys also scattered to the floor and men from the back rooms flooded out. i knew i couldn't blow my cover now so i had to get to safety with paul. he grabbed the gun he always carried in his waist band and picked me up and carried me to the front door.

"you need to go to the hide out now" paul held onto my shoulders and store deeply into my eyes.

"no i can't leave you" i placed my hands on his cheeks. gunfire started to floss the back wall of the house and he threw me out of the house.

"i love you mi amor" he shut the door behind him and i ran to the hideaway. once i stepped i got he hideaway i took my cell phone and immediately dialed the boss.

"name, and badge number"

"brinn marley, badge number alpha 3 7 1 9 beta 0 9" the phone beeped once and then twice implying there was someone on the other line.

"what the hell happened sergeant i know for a fact that shit wasn't supposed to happen!" i yelled into the phone.

"you have been compromised" the sergeant spoke into the phone calmly.

"shit no no no, what about max! he is still in there i can't just let him die!" i yelled into the phone panicking.

"it's not safe you need to get out and follow protocol!" ross yelled.

"i can't" i hung up the phone and started to run back towards the house. i entered the torn apart house to see ten bodies scattered along the floor. i searched over every body to see if max was laying there dead.

"no, no, no" i fell to my knees as i saw max's body pierced with bullet holes. pain stabbed my body as my partner laid lifeless in my lap.

brinn jolted up from her sleep looking around her room in confusion. she grabbed her blankets and pulled them up to her face, another night another nightmare. brinn pulled her shaking body up from bed to her bathroom to get a drink of water. she rested her face in her hands as she looked at herself in the mirror. to this day she still felt like max's death was her fault.

"you get much sleep?" wayne asked brinn as she walked into the station and handed her a cup of coffee.

"what do you think?" brinn laughed dryly and sat down at her desk sipping the warm liquid.

"i'm thinking today is a big day so you better stay awake" wayne walked over to brinns desk with a pile of files in his hand "everything you need to know about the prettymuch guys, and your new persona"

"goodbye brinn marley, hello scarlet jackson"