23

brinn stood out on the beach which was their backyard. she looked out over the crystal clear water getting lost in her thoughts.

"thought i'd might find you out here" edwin smiled as he walked down the beach towards brinn. brinn turned around and a smile appeared.

"not much to do in that house" brinn shrugged as edwin stood next to her.

"so i heard that you and zion had a little chat last night" a small grin appeared on edwins face.

"zion told you?" brinn raised a brow at edwin crossing her arms.

"well yes" edwin nodded "but just to let you know there is a small draft between the rooms, i presume from the vent right next to the doors, that allows all conversations to be heard from my room and yours" edwin informed brinn smuggly. brinn tried to hide the smile that came across her face. she pushed edwin playfully making him stumble in the sand.

"not my fault it's the vents!" edwin defended himself "but just in case this go further than just talking, give us the sign and we will happily sleep in the living room"

"shut up!" brinn pushed edwin again making him laugh "nothing is going to happen" brinn pointed at edwin

"what's your name?" brinn asked austin while they sat on beach towels.

"ryan j williams" austin said confidently.

"don't move your eyes around so much it looks like your lying" brinn told him. austin nodded understanding and tried to fix it.

"mind if i cut in?" zion yelled walking down the beach. brinn and austin looked up at him and stood up.

"b is good at eye contact ask him to help you" brinn smiled at austin and he headed back up to the house.

"your interrupting" brinn crosses her arms at zion.

"what's life like being a mentor?" zion asked smiling.

"it's swell, and with that being said you should stop making small talk and develop your new identity" brinn looked at him.

"my new identity is fully developed" zion shrugged brinn off.

"really?" brinn doubted zion "what's your name?" brinn asked him.

"kevin fitzgerald" zion replied calmly making him very believable.

"where you from?" brinn asked.

"from ATL, born and raised" zion gave her a small smile.

"why you so far from home then?"

"my pops had a locksmith business, he passed away a few years ago and tried to pass it onto me but it wasn't my piece of cake so i packed up and moved away from home in hopes to be a writer" zion replied.

"im sorry to here about your dad, your mom still back in atlanta?"

"yeah, she's still got her friends down there. i send her money every month so she can stay in the family home"

"how do you send that?" brinn asked knowing she would crack him.

"mail her a check" zion replied.

"don't say that, there's no evidence of checks being sent from your bank account to an atlanta one" brinn shook her head.

"you got me" zion shook his head making his dreads go crazy.

"you need to take this seriously" brinn looked at zion.

"we should go for a swim, water looks nice" zion said ignoring brinns previous statement.

"im not joking" brinn has an unamused expression on her face.

"neither am i" zion smiled. he dropped the towel around his neck on the sand and ran into the water with his hat on diving in. he sprang up from the water room his hat off and shook out his dreads.

"waters nice" he sent a flashy smile to brinn. brinn shook her head and walked down to the water and slowly waved towards zion who stood about chest deep. the water cooled her tan skin after all the tanning she had done.

"nice right?" zion smiled once brinn met him.

"feels good" brinn said and dunked her head underwater.

"so what's up with you and jason, that still a thing?" zion asked brinn curiously.

"you jealous?" brinn raised her brows at zion.

"just wondering" zion put his hands up in defense.

"well since your wondering, jason and i weren't a thing. sure he had a little crush, but he was just someone i trusted, like a big brother" brinn reassured zion.

"how are they at the farm?" zion asked.

"good, i got a call saying only 6 men were injured none of which were life threatening and all is well. they all packed up and left selling the land because the fbi found out but they're good" brinn nodded.

"and how are you?" zion asked stepping closer to brinn.

"we already talked about this" brinn looked up at zion.

"let me rephrase, how do you feel about me?"

"well, you are standing in front of me" brinn nodded "i went undercover to ruin your life but i ended up ruining both of ours and we didn't talk for months and then you kinda saved my life" brinn paused "so i feel like i owe you an endless apology and one big thank you. but also a fuck you for yelling at me on the plane, but then an i get it"

"well i forgive you and your welcome, fuck you too, and thanks for understanding" zion listed off.

"i don't get it, why now?" brinn asked zion.

"because everyday we were on that farm i realized you were exactly who i fell in love with even though i thought it was someone different." zion admitted "and the whole time of we were on that farm i wanted to do this" zion pulled brinn close and connected there lips.

"we have to disappear in a month" brinn whispered into the kiss.

"let's do it together" zion replied resting his forehead against brinns.

"we can't and you know that" brinn replied breathily.

"scared well get caught?" zion chuckled

"fuck you" brinn said making zion smirk and pull her in for another kiss.