22

"are you ok?" zion ran up to brinn. brinn looked at zion shocked not even being able to comprehend what just happened. she looked down at the ground to see wayne laying their with a twinkle of life left in his eyes.

"brinn are you ok?" zion shook her.

"yeah i'm ok" brinn nodded still in shock. she looked at the gun in zions hand and her brain was filled with feedback. she looked at the blood splatter on the car and the pools on the ground making her vision blurry and flash back of max pop into her brain.

"go!" jason yelled pointing to the chopper that they were defending as swat began to move in but his voice was just a haze. the guys began to yelled pulling brinn as they ran to the chopper. brinns cloudy vision began to fade as they ran for their lives to the helicopter.

"get in!" the pilot yelled and once they reached it ran right into it. nick pulled the door shut and the pilot began to take off. brinn looked out the window seeing jason and jeff continuing to fight for them.

"hey sit back" brandon comforted brinns shoulder. brinn did as he said and rested her head on brandons shoulder. zion reaches his hand and held it comforting brinn, making brinn lightly smile at him.

some time elapsed

"what do we do now?" austin asked everyone.

"we disappear, but this time we're on our own. no men to protect us. this time we hang low and then we disappear" brinn explained to them.

"do you know where we are going?" brandon asked.

"no idea" brinn shook her head.

time of arrival: 8:17 pm
destination: somewhere on the coast of mexico

brinn hopped out of the chopper with her black duffel bag hanging over her right shoulder. she overlooked the view as the guys began to unload from the helicopter as well. she looked down at the keys she was given clicked them making their new car flash it's lights and started towards it.

"passports, birth certificates, licenses, and your new life" brinn stated placing the paperwork messily on the table in front of them. the guys looked at them and took their papers looking at their new identities.

"we're staying for a month and then we start our new lives" brinn said grabbing her papers from the table.

"that's all?" nick laughed like there was supposed to be something more.

"that's all" brinn looked at him "the money we have will be for food and clothes, then we will spilt it up for the each of us to take when we leave" brinn said taking out a stack and zipping the rest up "i'm going shopping tomorrow your all welcome to come" brinn nodded and went to her room.

later

"can we talk?" zion asked entering brinns room seeing her sitting in the side of her bed reading a book.

"yeah" brinn placed the book down and slid to the side of the bed.

"how are you after today? zion asked sincerely. brinn looked at him blankly and then looked down at her fingers.

"i'm a little shocked still, i never expected it to end like that, but i'm ok" brinn nodded at zion who she could tell felt horrible.

"i wanted to say i'm sorry, for shooting him and possibly killing him" zion places his hand on top of brinns.

"you didn't kill him" brinn met zions eyes.

"thank god i don't think i'd be able to live with myself" zion laughed slightly making brinn laugh as well.

"then why did you pull the trigger?" brinn chewed her bottom lip as she watch zion process her question.

"because i wouldn't be able to live if it was the other way around either" zion admitted making a small smile appear across brinns face. brinn looked up at zion and placed her hand on his cheek making him relax. zions eyes fluttered shut as they sat there in a comfortable silence.

"i should probably head to bed" brinn removed her hand from zions face.

"me too" zion nodded standing up. zion walked over to the door looking back at brinn sending her a smile.

"goodnight" a smile crept onto brinns face.

"night" zion opened the door and left.