8

"she finally shows up" zion joked watching scarlett walk up to the outdoor table at the restaurant he was sitting at.

"i'm sorry i really am" scarlett said sitting down across from him leaning over to give him a kiss.

"you alright?" zion cocked a brow at her as she looked at her menu.

"yeah i'm good" she nodded, but in reality she couldn't be more conflicted.

"ok" zion nodded and began to look at the menu as well.

"hey scar" nick said walking into the kitchen seeing scarlett getting herself some ice cream from the freezer.

"oh hey" she replied not expecting anyone else to be in the kitchen at 1 am.

"haven't seen you round for a while" nick commented.

"it's been what, 2 days nick" scarlett laughed.

"just saying" nick laughed as well "y'all good?" he checked in knowing zion wouldn't tell him.

"yeah, just caught up in painting all the time" scarlett shrugged it's off taking a bite of the ice cream.

"i get it" nick nodded filling up his water bottle "night"

"goodnight" scarlett replied finishing her ice cream soon after nick left and went upstairs quietly jumping back in bed with zion. as soon as zion felt the sheets move slightly he got a bit happier. once she laid down his arms reached out pulling her back into his chest making scarlett relax.

"where'd you go?" zion mumbled into her neck.

"i was hungry" scarlett replied turning around in his arms to face him. zion still held onto her tightly but didn't open his eyes. she studied his peaceful face, a face she can confidently said she'd die for at this point, which is the reason she was feeling this way.

"can i ask you something?" scarlett said to zion.

"yeah what?" zion replied still eyes closed.

"promise me one thing tho" scarlett took a pause "no questions asked ok?" at this moment zion opened his eyes to see if she was kidding but she wasn't.

"ok.." zion nodded feeling a bit nervous of what she was gonna ask not like he had anything to hide.

"have you ever felt so torn in two different directions, like one way you know is right and you've been taught for so long to pick that way, but your heart is telling you to go in another knowing that it would hurt some people?" scarlett laid on her back looking at the ceiling "i don't know which way to choose"

"how much time do you have left to choose?" zion asked.

"i don't think much, maybe three months" scarlett admitted.

"well my mom always said that if you don't know weather to listen to your heart or head, in the moment you'll always make the right decision" zion said.

"i just don't want to hurt anyone" scarlett admitted turning her head towards zion.

"personally i think heart is always the way to go" zion rubbed her head and pulled her close to his chest once more comforting her "so is this about like another guy or..."

"i said no questions asked" scarlett pulled her head from zions chest "but no" she laughed slight at him and kissed him.

"good cause i don't know what i would've done"