13

the next morning scarlett woke up and zion was by her side. she looked over his features seeing how peaceful he looked. he had a small crease inbetween his brows making scarlett chuckle lightly. she grabbed her clothes and brought them to his bathroom to take a morning shower.

after her shower zion still laid peacefully asleep in his bed. scarlett knew she had to go back home to change her clothes and begin some errands.

"z baby" scarlett kissed his lips.

"mhm" zion smiled into the kiss. scarlett placed another peck on his lips before he opened his eyes.

"best way to be woken up" he smiled brightly making scarletts heart melt.

"i have to  go back to mine" scarlett said and his smile dropped

"and now its ruined" zions smile dropped. scarlett pouted her bottom lip and saueezed his facw.

"stop making me feel bad" she laughed slightly.

"will making you feel bad make you stay?" he asked childishly.

"no i have to go home" she shook her head.

"let me drive you home then at least" zion suggested. scarlett nodded knowing that if he didnt she would have to get an uber so why not let him. "let me grab a  
sweatshirt"

"woah what is this" zion said concerned as he pulled up his car and put in in park. scarlett looked over the dash werily. three cop cars sat with their lights flashing and a coo stood outside the main entrence of the apartment building.

"i dont know" scarlett unbuckled her seatbelt and began to walk inside along side zion. after arguing with the officer who scarlett happened to recognize they finally were let in. they walked down her hall to see officers going in and out if her apartment.

"what the fuck"  scarlett and zion stood in the open doorway of her studio. her place was ripped apart, paintings torn off the walls, some missing, her drawers were emptied and her tv was ripped off the wall.

"you can go passed that line" an officer had broken her trance on her studio. he had pointed to a line that they passed about ten feet ago.

"this is my place" she told him.

"scarlett jackson?" he questioned her.

"yes" she nodded.

"we have been trying to contact you" he informed her "would you be kind enough to go down to the station to ask a few questions?"

"i can go with you" zions thumb rubbed light circles against the back of her hand.

"ok" she nodded. the officer lead her to another who gave them a ride down to whe station. the car ride was silent, she didnt know what to say, was this real and he bad luck was continuing to follow her? or was this wayne? part of his massive plan to catch the guys.

the officer looked back in the mirror checking out the two of them every so often until they finally arrived at the station. as the walked in it was busier than scarlett had remembered a friday morning was.

"this way" the officer guided them "im sorry she will have to speak to the officer alone" she spoke to zion who began to put up a fight.

"its ok" scarlett managed to speak out as her brain moved a million miles an hour. she felt like she was thinking a million thoughts per second but everything around her was in slow motion. her vision was delayed and her head spun. she followed the officer unconsciously passing the desks of officers she knew all too well.

she had spotted wayne behind the glass of a small room. white shades has covered the windows but you could still see through them because they were not closed all the way. he wore his regular grey suit and held the same straight face as he always did at work. next to him was a man in a dark navy shirt with white lettering. he was a tall man, bald as well, and thats when she knew.

"in here an officer will talk with you soon" the lady smiled nicely snapping scarlett out of her trance. she looked at the room to see them still talking and then looks at the lady officer. scarlett stepped into the room sitting at the metal chair with a bottle of water on it.

a few minutes later the door opened and wayne stepped in. he walked into the room taking a seat across from her, "what a mess"

"you really couldnt find a better way to contact me? instead you had to raid my shit!? it might not be who i really am but right now its all ive got to call mine!" brinn slammed her hands down on the desk loudly.

"im sorry you think that way but the break in was real" wayne lied to brinn.

"bull shit" brinn spat "why you then, what are you talking to me?"

"because i figured youd feel the most comfortable with me" wayne spoke

"bull. shit" brinn shot him an intense glare.

"fine. its been two weeks, you owe me knew information" wayne sat back in his chair. brinn rolled her eyes crossing her arms.

"spill brinn, dont forget what happens to people who dont do their job" wayne said but she didnt budge "people they love get hurt" wayne leaned fowards.

"theres a brief case" brinn exhaled after a few seconds.  

"what are the contents?" wayne pushed further.

"im not sure yet, i almost got caught looking. theres also a door, its always locked" brinn replied.

"you need to give me more brinn" wayne sighed deeply. she pulled out a flashdrive and slid it across the table at him. he wrapped his hand around it.

"whats this?" he asked curiously

"blue prints, plans, wires, anything and everything else. all the rock soild evidence you need". brinn hated herself for doing this.

"holy" wayne rubbed his face "this is it, its over" wayne smiled happily. she got up from his chair the happiest he has been in the last year

"see you soon" wayne winked as he left the room. brinn leaned in her chair the anger draining and worry filling her. what the hell was the flight captain doing talking to wayne?

"are you ok?" zion rushed to scarlett as she appeared in the waiting room.

"yeah im fine, lets leave" she shook her head letting zion know she was exhausted.

"ok, brandons outside waiting to give us a ride back. your staying at mine for the next week at least until they tell you its safe you can go back" zion didnt leave any room for her to question it.

"can i use your phone really quick i have to make a call" scar said as they walked through the parking lot. zion nodded and handed him her phone. she took a fee steps away towards the side of the parking lot and zion went ahead and jumped in the car with b.

"hello?" a mans voice answered the phone.

"hey" she replied and turned her back to the boys in the car "its brinn"

"its everything ok?" he asked concerned knowing this call only comes with emergency.

"code stark, i suspect three days max" she spoke hushed into the phone.

"everything will be in place by tonight" he hung up the phone.

"you ok?" zion asked handing as scar handed him the phone.

"yeah, thank you for the phone" she smiled.