1

sweaty bodies danced around brinn and kelly as they swayed together on the dance floor to the song b.i.d by tory lanez. bust it down, bust it down. bust it down oh yeah. the speakers boomed through the club as kelly danced on brinn.

"i can't believe you finally came out, you are always busy with work" kelly as she took the shot of tequila in front of her.

"yo ya girl is a detective, i'll never not be busy" brinn took a shoot of tequila as well and talked to her best friend.

"excuse me ladies some gentlemen sent you a round of purple haze shots" the bartender placed the shots in front of the two friends who grinned at each other.

"and who would that be?" kelly asked as she took the two shots and handed one to her friend and looked at the handsome bartender again.

"a young man standing behind the bar" he smiled at the two of them.

"it's that so?" brinn asked him leaned in a bit placing the empty shot glass down.

"it appears that way" he smiled once again but at that moment brinns phone rang. brinn excused herself from the bar, making sure her friend would be ok if she stepped out to take the phone call. brinn walked onto the side walk and answered the call.

"what's up wanye?" brinn answered the phone, her partner on the other line.

"we've got a new suspect, you need to come in" wanye spoke through the phone surprising brinn.

"on the half's case, holy shit this is huge" brinn paced the sidewalk, happy that the case she had been working on for what feels like forever finally has another reliable lead "ok ok i'm on my way in" brinn walked back into the club hanging up the phone.

"don't tell me" kelly looked at her friend with a face brinn knew all too well.

"yes i'm sorry but-" brinn started to say.

"no no it's fine, go catch those criminals" kelly pushed her friend out the door with a semi fake semi real smile on her face. brinn smiled at her friend and rushed out of the club to her tesla. brinn auto piloted down to the station because she had a little alcohol in her system so it wasn't completely safe to drive. brinn walked into the police station pulling a sweatshirt over her body con dress to try and conceal the fact that she had been previously out.

"wanye, fill me in" brinn said as she walked into the office seeing a scatter board pinned on the wall with red yarn connecting it all.

"pretty much" wanye said pointing to the picture in the center of all mayhem. brinn walked closer to see a picture of five young men.

"pretty much?" brinn asked confused as she studied the rest of the board.

"five young guys in a band called prettymuch." wanye replied standing next to brinn "let me guess club genius?" wanye smirked at his partner.

"shut the hell up" brinn shoved his shoulder making wanye laugh.

"fill me in" brinn sat down in a chair and snacked on the chips that were opened.

"as you know devens was a dead end, but not a complete dead end. we knew that devens had ties to prettymuch but we never thought they would be involved because they were on tour but" wanye raised his voice excited "but what we over looked was that was the perfect way to smuggle the stolen cash threw the country avoiding suspicion" wanye tapped his hands together.

"so how are we pursuing?" brinn asked him placing the chips down and wiped her fingers.

"you have to go undercover" wanye said reluctantly.

"no, you know what happened last time i went undercover" brinn said sternly standing up from the seat and walked around the room.

"brinn" wayne approached brinn comfortingly. she looked down at her hands that shook at the memory of max.

"no, if i really need to i can" she spoke up "it was no ones fault but my own"

"no, it's not your fault" wayne insisted "the mission was compromised because of an outside source, you nor max has anything to do with it ok? don't blame yourself." brinn nodded at wayne and shook her head understanding.

"i can do it" brinn walked back over to the board and looked at the picture of the band once more "hello boys"