21

"you know it's funny" jeff laughed as he was about to get cuffed.

"what?" wanye asked unamused.

"i'm trained to get out of situations like this and yet i'm letting you cuff me" jeff let out a roaring laugh that only angered wayne more.

"your not letting me do anything, i'm in charge here" wayne clucked the cuffs and pushed jeff harshly by his back still holding the gun at him.

"i don't think you are" jeff smiled. he eyes and gun and kicked it out of wayne's hand still being cuffed. a swarm of swat vans came onto the property as soon as jeff made contact with him and agents poured out of them armed and ready.

"our queue!" jason yelled and all of the guys dispersed from the barn taking their routes.

"be safe" jason turned to nick and brinn. brinn nodded and nick did as well and they two exited the barn. no shots were fired at first swat set up their boundaries on the north end of the farm. the men were already on each inch of the farm ready for war when jason of jeff said the word.

jeff pulled his hand from the cuffs, a little trick he had learned for the service and grabbed the gun holding it on wanye. he chuckled at wayne and hopped on his four wheeler going back to the barn. wanye grunted aggressively and grabbed another gun from his truck but by that time jeff was out of sight.

"evacuation is on its way, we're gonna hold them back and you will get out of here" jeff told brinn as he sat next to her jason and nick sitting behind a man made hay wall.

"first things first we gotta get all of y'all here" jeff said and brinn nodded.

"cover me" brinn said holstering her gun. she kneeled and looked at the house which was about 200 meters from where they were set up. jason nodded and brinn made the run for it being able to hide herself behind the hay walls for about 100 meters 

"she's going for the house! move in!" wayne spoke into his walker making the swat move as one closer to the house.

"move move move!" jeff yelled making the firing begin. brinn made it to the house trying to unlock the door.

"fuck" brinn said under her breath looki behind her to see the agents moving closer and the shooting beginning. brinn took her gun from her waist and smashed it against the window shattering the glass. she stuck her hand in and unlocked the door and ran into the houss.

"edwin it's me!" brinn yelled. upstairs edwin sighed of relief.

"up here!" edwin yelled from upstairs. brinn ran upstairs seeing edwin standing in the hall. she ran into him hugging him like they hadn't seen eachother in years.

"we gotta get moving" brinn refocused herself. she broke open the safe and grabbed a go bag throwing in all of the identities for her and the guys as well as a good amount of cash.

"grab cash" brinn instructed edwin and he did just that filling a black duffle with cash not leaving that much behind. they walked downstairs seeing the beginning of the madness that was happening.

"we're gonna have to go through the back" brinn said walking towards the back seeing their men holding their ground.

"you ready?" brinn looked back at edwin and he nodded. they both held their guns ready to shoot as the men covered them as they walked along the west side of the house.

"get ready to run" brinn said waiting for jeff's signal.

"i'm just supposed to be the computer guy" edwin sighed nervously. jeff raised his fingers giving them the signal.

"go" brinn said to edwin and they both dashed to the covering. as they ran they could hear nothing except the faint shots and the beating of their hearts. brinn knew they wouldn't shoot any of them because they wanted them to rot in jail alive, but that didn't mean they wouldn't stop at anything to get to them.

"are you good?" nick asked edwin and brinn as they slid to the ground. brinn turned to edwin and they both noddded.

"thank god you scared me" nick said in relief.

"where are zion and austin?" edwin asked concerned.

"they haven't made it back yet" brinn said truthfully. bullets began piercing the hay surrounding them. they began shoot from the hay as well nick from the bottom right edwin from the bottom left and brinn from the top.

"you guys gotta get out of here!" jason yelled to them from the next wall over. they rested their backs up against the hay reloading their guns.

"go!" jason yelled in destress. brinn and the guys began to run towards the barn before a truck pulled up in front of them cutting them off.

"you thought you were smarter than me" wayne hopped out of the truck laughing mockingly. the three of them drew their guns at him.

"i wouldn't" be smirked.

"i wouldn't if i were you either" brinn replied.

"we both know you can't" wayne laughed "ever sense max you havent been able to be a cop and we both know that" wayne laughed but the fighting continued behind them. a chopper, began to create a windstorm above them making them all focus on it for a split second.

"that's your way out right" wayne yelled over the noise "shame you won't be using it" he smiled devilishly.

the trigger was pulled releasing what sounded like the loudest gun shot out of all of them. and the body laid paralyzed on the grass.