29

brinn and zion parked the car in front of the small beach house on the coast of mexico. brinn smiled as she pulled up to it finally returning back home. the two of them got out to unpack their luggage and walked up to the front door. zion grabbed brinns hand as they walk making her smile, and finally feel like this was meant to be home.

"she might be a little shy but i'm gonna tell her who you are if that's ok?" brinn asked zion as they stood in front of the door waiting to go in.

"yeah i want her to know" zion nodded and internally was freaking out a little bit. brinn pecked zions lips and opened the door pulling her bag in and moving it off to the side forgetting about it because she was so excited to see zuri. all of a sudden small rapid footsteps were heard coming from the back room.

"mama!" zuri yelled once she turn the corner and saw her mom standing there. she ran into her arms as fast as she could and brinn hugged her tightly regretting leaving her in the first place.

"i missed you so much" brinn kissed zurrís face repeatedly making zion smile.

"i have to show you what i made!" zuri wiggles out of brinns arms and ran back to the back room. julie watched the encounter from the far wall and once zuri left she approached brinn.

"thank you" brinn hugged julie.

"you know it's no problem" julie replied honestly "zuris dad i presume" julie turned to zion.

"i'm zion" zion gave her a light smile and reached out his hand.

"don't be mad at him he didn't know about her" brinn made julie back off a little bit.

"i know i know" julie sighed waving brinn off.

"i'm julie, basically the third person in this relationship" julie motions between zion her and brinn making zion laugh.

"i've heard a lot about you" zion nodded.

"i wish i could say the same, i only knew you as baby daddy, brinn would never tell me your name" julie looked at brinn with attitude as she watched them talk.

"not my fault you have a big mouth, couldn't have you slip up and say his name around her" brinn shrugged.

"zuri where are you" brinn walked into the back room to see her finishing the arts and crafts project she did which consisted of a lot of glitter.

"it's you and me and julie" zuri pointing out the blobs on the paper.

"wow it's beautiful" brinn complimented "i love it"

"z come here!" brinn called out to zion.

"zuri there is someone i want you to meet" brinn said to zuri making her look at her mom. brinn picked her up and sat her on her lap as she sat on the couch. zion walked into the room and brinn motioned for him to sit on the couch and he did.

"who are you?" zuri asked zion right away.

"this is your dad" brinn said into zuris ear making her face scrunch up in confusion. zuri looked at brinn and then at zion for a minute trying to compute it.

"hi" zion smiled at zuri. zuri stood up on the couch and stood in front of zion.

"can you draw with glue?" zuri asked him staring at him intensely.

"i can try" zion smiled unsure of his arts and crafts capabilities.

"great" a smile came across zuris face and she dragged zion to her arts and crafts table to begin a new glitter project. brinn smiled at the encounter thankful that zuri was beginning to accept him already. she stood up and went back to the kitchen where she saw julie sitting at the table with her phone.

"you know i never thought you had such good taste in men" julie said to brinn.

"mhm ok" brinn rolled her eyes and the two laugh.

brinn laid in bed alone on her phone trying to fall asleep. it was 10 pm and she was exhausted from a days worth of traveling. the door opened making brinn peer up from her phone seeing zion.

"nice of you to finally join me" brinn shit her phone off and looked at zion. zion climbed in bed, going right on top of brinn but she wasn't complaining.

"zuri still wanted to play" zion mumbles laying his head on brinns chest being exhausted as well.

"she likes you more than she likes me" brinn shook her head in disappointment but she couldn't be happier that they got along as well as they did.

"shes a daddy's girl" zion smiled picking his head up and kissed brinn "you realize i'm not going back right?" zion said referring to his old life that he was given. brinn looked up at him biting her bottom lip.

"i know" she nodded.