Chapter 33: Gloomy Homecoming

3rd Pov

Hermes sighed in relief, as soon as he arrive at mortal world but it was quickly replaced by worry.

"Where Is Ares?" He murmured on himself, as he shroud his existence from mortals and immortal eyes alike, as he doesn't wanted someone to pry or snoop their noses on Olympus business.

However he still felt heavy on the heart, since he never really approves of this plan. He just wanted peace and silence, after two massive war's all he wanted was to sit under the sun, with Perseus and Apollo.

All he dreamed is a nice vacation and a little peace, Is that too much to ask? He was distracted by his own musing, as soon as he heard the ding of the elevator.

He strutted down the streets of Olympus, as expected Hecate notice his mediocre magic skills, he can't also deny that Hecate's eyes widen and harden by the limp view of Persephone, since the two goddesses are buddies.

However he has no time for drama, he open the throne room with a flick of his hand. The  view of the god's welcomed him. The air was tense and stiff, some Olympians look affronted while some look's pleased.

"Hermes put her on the dungeons, she will be our leverage on this war" Zeus bellowed happily, while Poseidon looks at him a little displeased.

Perseus felt like he tasted something metal on his tongue, that's how distasteful he see's this whole affair. As a former demigod he knows well that this petty war can cause a lot of suffering especially to demigods who will get caught in this whole thing.

The god of thieves snap his fingers, magically sending the goddess on the most comfortable dungeon he knows of, before sitting on his throne.

"Hermes, You done good-" Zeus started, but his words was abruptly stopped by the sound of cracking.

All of the god's attention went to the source, and it's the god of war's throne. It wilts like a flower, the cracks spread until the throne crumbled in to pieces, leaving a chunks of charred bronze. Everyone of them freezes due to chilling sound.

"Ares!" Aphrodite shouted in horror, but before everyone can a react, a loud thud startled them.

"What is that?" Perseus ask to break the silence.

A bronze metal box with carved designs and expensive stones sits intimidatingly on the center of the throne room, and it barely misses the hearth, which is now burning so low, due to the lack of the goddess of hearth.

All of them looks affronted and wary, until Hephaestus stood and grunted gruffly, completely annoyed by the abnormally wary god's. "Fine, let the ugliest seek the danger first" He scoffed, earning apologetic looks from most.

Hephaestus peaks inside the box and a smile found on his very face, the gods sighed on relief after seeing the smile on the god's face. Finally a good news, they thought.

"Oh It's Ares Head" The god said nonchalantly, earning alarmed looks from everyone.

The shouting filled the room of gods, Aphrodite weeps on her seat, refraining herself from peaking on the box. Apollo and Artemis shared knowing glances, as Apollo have already seen it from his visions but decided to left it out, to teach his father a lesson and to ground his brother's idiocy and pride.

Hera looks horrified and scarily angry at the same time, still wrapping her head around on the fact that her son was gone, and will need to reform for the rest of the century or longer.

Poseidon send his brother a pointed look, indicating a 'told you so' expression, which the king of god's ignored. His stupid son will reformed, and certain god might be the answer for that.