Chapter 15: The Mystery God Went Against Acient Laws

Frank

"Hazel, run faster!" I shouted as a monstrous cyclops charged towards us, while I'm carrying an injured demigod on my shoulder from the fifth cohort.

"Frank carry her to camp I can deal with this!" Hazel shouted confidently but I knew better, she can't possibly defeat them single handedly.

"Hazel! Retreat let me deal with it, I have better chance...take her to camp and please just agree with me" I said incredulously, while she stares at me with pleading eyes, that melt my heart.

"Frank be safe meet me at the tunnel, I will wait for you" She said tearfully, as she carry the young girl from fifth cohort hastily, and then run for their lives.

"One of the seven! A lucky day for my brothers and I" The Cyclops bellowed proudly, which sounds like a human voice except its amplified and too much.

"Sorry, I need to meet my girlfriend so you all need to die quickly" I said jokingly, while grinning stupidly which ended to grimace instead. I stare at their at light colored flesh which is lumpy and scarred, their face was severely deformed that it makes them creepier and scarier than most cyclops. Unlike our friendly Cyclops Tyson this group is enormous in size, and everyone of them has a club. So this is basically involuntary suicide in my part.

After my annoying retort, the smaller sized Cyclops swung it's club on me hitting me on the chest, which cause me to stagger and to fall on my back. I stand immediately aiming an arrow towards it's heart, which flew perfectly but it barely do any damage to the said Cyclops. In fact it just annoyed him, So he charged towards me swinging his club with all his might, I meet him using my sword slashing his legs, but the wound wasn't enough to turn him into golden dust.
I slashed again but he caught me and send me flying, to avoid injuries I immediately transform to a bird, I fly directly to him and shift to wild boar to somehow stomp him, but the Cyclops is too strong to die, instead the monster just fall on his back, which give me time to transform back to the form of bird and peck him in the eyes, which angers the Cyclops even more. While the other Cyclops just watch looking rather entertain on the following events. I transformed to a lion, but before I bury my claws deeply it thrashed and hit me hard on the chest sending few yards away. I transform back to my human form just to felt my broken arm, wrist and few broken ribs that harden my breathing. The four Cyclops walks towards me and celebrate to my incapacity to fight them all, since I am pretty injured and my sword is few meters away.

"Where's the rest? I heard your lot is dying, both your leaders right?" The leading Cyclops of the pack retorted, as he tried to pick me up from the floor, which I try to stop by using a dagger to swat him, but all it did is scarred the Cyclops. Slowly my slashes gets sluggish as I tired. I fight with all my energy using my least favorite weapon but in desperate times you can't really complain. After more blows I managed to kill one of them, the smallest one whom initiated the initial attack on me, but it seems that the death of the smallest one just anger them more and renew their vigor.

"You will pay for this demigod!" The largest bellowed angrily, before charging towards me and swinging the bat against me. Swiftly I transformed to bear and charge towards them, Strength to strength but my luck ran out as my last attacks become sluggish even in my animal form, so I decided to transform in to my human form back. Though it proves to be the dumbest decision I have ever done, because the moment I went back to myself, the club swung squarely on my chest and it makes me crumpled in pain, as I flew few meters away.

I tried to stand up and recollect myself. Before I can stand steadily, I was engulfed by shadows. It send shivers to my spine, the shadows succumbed me and it feels like my strength and existence is slowly fading into nothingness. I crawl away but the shadows followed me, slowly sucking my energy away. My eyes felt heavier as the shadows engulfed me, but I scared the feeling of my sleepiness because I'm sure I will not wake up if I fall. Luckily I've seen a flash of light nearby, and it made the shadows fade away. Leaving me weaker than ever, before I can stand the Cyclops hoisted me up.