Chapter 8: Ares And His So Called Godly Training

3rd Pov

"How am I supposed to learn my domain, Heroes?!" Perseus ask impatiently, after trying all the method's that Apollo suggested him to do, however luck is never on his hands. The whole meditation and connecting to his domain routine, become long painful of hours while sitting solemnly, wishing that his domain will just poof magically on the air.

"I don't know Perce, to be fair we don't have new god's this past two millennia" The sun god replied sheepishly, while staring at the frustrated golden eye god beside him. "Gahhh... It's been three months! Out of domain's, Time and Loyalty is the only is the one's that I understand and can connect with!" Perseus complained angrily, while the sun god grimaced at his friend's struggle. Apollo know that Perseus will have a hard time working with his domain's, since he's not naturally born god. Also for a mortal turn to god, his domain's is too many and those usually belongs to the immortal born deities.

"Have you heard? Athena has already announced on camp that there's new Olympians, and Will said that the cabin of yours, look's as flashy as mine" The sun god said jokingly, earning a halfhearted smile and a roll of golden eyes. "Apollo, I'm not planning to have little Percy's at this moment"The godling replied exasperatedly,
however he's still conflicted by his relationship with Annabeth. This past few year's, they planned a lot about their future but now he is not sure about everything, and it scares him.

"Perce, Seriously you have eternity on your side, don't hassle yourself too much... As long as you mastered the basics of being god, you will be good to go" Apollo said reassuringly, giving the godling a tender smile and warm pat on shoulder. "Apollo you're hot" Perseus blurted out, a little scandalized by his recklessness. "Of course I am, though I never thought that I am your type" The sun god replied smugly, as he wiggle his eyebrows playfully. "It's not what I meant!" Perseus exclaimed loudly, while the sun god chuckled by the scandalized look of the younger god."Yeah sure" The sun god replied playfully, before a loud knock caught their attentions.

Apollo open the door warily, and a brute looking man stand's smugly beside his palace porch with a smirk on his face. "Ares? What do you need?" Apollo ask impatiently, little annoyed by the presence of excessively blood thirsty god. "Golden boy, Is punk here?" While fidgeting a celestial bronze knife on his massive hands. "Here, Why?" Apollo replied warily, "Punk promise to have hand to hand combat with me on Arena, and according to me it will happen today" Ares replied harshly, earning a threatening glare from the sun god. "Fine... Perce!!!!!!" Apollo shouted loudly, which caused the young god to ran frantically towards the door.

"Ares? What do you want?!" Perseus ask angrily, "Punk, You promise a boxing match with me, don't worry you can back out. If you want" The god of war replied tauntingly, earning hateful glare from Perseus. On the other hand Apollo, felt bad about the attention that Perseus is receiving throughout Olympus. On positive note, most of the attention is about look's and powerful domain's that the godling receive, but some felt jealous and angry about Perseus's sudden godhood and membership on Olympian council, especially the harsher god's and some lesser known deities. "Fine! meet me there after an hour" Perseus agreed angrily, earning a small chuckle from the violent god.
------------------------------------------------------------------
3rd Pov

"On the left corner 'Ares' The war wimp and the cry baby of the century!" Enyo announced mockingly, earning laughs and glares from Ares, Hera and Zeus. "On the right corner 'Perseus' The toddler power house, defeater of war wimp and princess of Olympian's" The destructive war goddess added, which earn stifle laughs from various god's and goddesses, and a burning glare from father and son.

The whole Arena is full of god's, goddesses, immortals, satyrs, nymphs, dryads and even naiads. The Olympian's sit on a throne like lavish chairs, to announce their place and status as a god's. While the so called minor god's sit amongst the crowd. Hermes and Apollo chat excitedly, as they collect bets from god's and goddesses. Zeus and Poseidon scowled at one another. Aphrodite is drooling from the view, that the young god offered. Lastly Demeter, Hestia and Athena looks affronted yet interested by the upcoming fight. "Ares, Perseus.... Fight!!!" The goddess of destructive war bellowed loudly, earning cheers from the active crowd.

After few minutes of circling around inside the boxing ring, Ares managed to land a solid hit on the godlings jaw, which bruised a little despite the godly force it received. Poseidon winced inwardly, at the sight of his son receiving some blows from the war god. Fortunately the godling land a forceful blow on the war god's head, Ares staggered a bit by the hit and a drip of ichor leaks from his eyebrow. "Punk!!!!!" The war god bellowed angrily, before sending multiple hits on Perseus until the young god falls on to his feet. The crowd roared loudly, as the son of sea struggles to defend himself from the multiple jabs and uppercuts that land on his face and body. Perseus look's bloody beaten, and he cursed himself from agreeing on this stupidity, he remember that even on camp half blood the Ares camper's is usually good at hand to hand combat, and he can't even beat easily the brute camper named Clarrise, and now he's fighting the father.

"Ares, Is that all you got?" The godling ask smugly, which caused Ares to attack with renewed vigor but much sloppier punches. Perseus dodged the punches swiftly, until his bruises and cut's heals partially. Quickly, Perseus went offense and land couple of punches on the opposing god. He punched Ares with great agility and speed, after couple of minutes the god of war fall on his butt with a thud, earning laughs and chuckles from the loud crowd. "That was unexpected.... Perseus wins!!!" The twin sister of the war god bellowed enthusiastically, while Ares scowled at the smiling godling. He promised himself that next time the god will kiss the ground.

"Perce, that was awesome! Not as awesome as me but enough" Apollo congratulated happily, before summoning a bar of ambrosia to heal the bruises and broken bones that Perseus accumulated from the fight against Ares. "Luckily we bet on Perce! I've always trusted you cuz " The god of thieves praised happily, as he carry a sizeable sack of drachmas. However their small talk was immediately cut by the proud yet angry sea god. "Perseus" Poseidon scolded angrily, spatting his son's name with venom, since his still furious by the recklessness of his favorite son. While Perseus winced by the tone of his father, whose glowering with anger and frustration. "Dad?" He sputtered nervously, avoiding the gaze of his father. "Percy, Don't do such foolish things! But son like always, I'm proud of you" The god beamed proudly, as he pat the shoulder's of his youngest son, whose grinning mischievously and happily, from his father's words. They walk on the streets of Olympus, in comfortable silence before Poseidon leaves his son to attend on a royal meeting in Atlantis. On the other hand, Perseus felt homesick and anxious for his friends, especially for his mom. He feared the reactions from people he love, on the news of his godhood. Also his last date with Annabeth went wrong, and it added to his pile of stress and things to think of. However his fight with Ares, somehow brings relief to him. Since he always dreamed to punch the violent god, whose keep sending campers to deadly unimportant quest.