Chapter 32: Don't let the dead catch you

3rd Pov

"Shhhhh" Hermes exclaimed quietly, as he drag his brother to the entrance of underworld. Shrouding their aura's and physical body.

Ares grunted annoyed, "I love killing, but this- this is depressing. I want action" He bellowed, as Hermes shoots him an exasperated glare.

"If you don't quiet yourself Ares, you will join those" Hermes pointed at the suffering souls on the field of punishment, "I'm not weak, Hades can't do anything to me" Ares announced proudly, while Hermes praying to himself, that Ares and him left the underworld unscathed.

"Ares! Names have power, I will not be surprise if he showed up magically" The god of messengers exclaimed angrily. "For all I care, he can come here so I can beat him to pulp" Ares shrugged, smiling approvingly to the tortured souls.

After an agonizing walk they finally arrive on the Garden of Persephone. The place looks abnormally beautiful, the colors pop's vibrantly in comical way. The grass is greener and the roses are redder. As the owner of the garden tends the dandelions and wild flowers, that they suspected to be poisonous.

"Persephone, Surrender yourself. Before I decided to beat you to pulp" Ares announced loudly, completely messing their shroud existence. As expected Persephone bolted upright, looking at them warily.

"Persephone, your father wish to see you. Sorry about our brother, he's not a social person" Hermes placated softly, his voice lacing with magic to convince the goddess. However his attempt was futile, soon enough the goddess snap on his trickery words.

Persephone close his eyes and attempt to transform in to her divine form, but her light quickly died leaving her gasping desperately for air. "What- How?" She ask weakly, as she caught violently.

"My lady, A magician never tell tale their tricks" Hermes smirked mischievously, making the goddess shiver down her spine. Completely forgetting the current ordeal.
"Begone, My lord will come soon, he will not be lenient to you Olympians, after your blatant disrespect to him and attempt to hinder me"

Ares smile at her coldly, "Hades, Will not sense you at the moment" He said, before snapping his fingers then a celestial bronze shackles manifest on both of her hands and feet. Hermes stare at her passively, determined to follow his father's orders, despite his doubts and defiance against the plan.

Hermes nudge Ares, signaling his brother to feed the goddess with the potion that can make her asleep long enough for them to transport her to Olympus. "What is that? My lord will be angry Olympians!" She exclaimed, before Ares pry her mouth open to put the gooey potion.

Slowly she fall limp, unconscious and in peace due to the potion that they force feed to her. "Ares carry her, we cannot teleport out without Hades noticing, be stealthy" Hermes warned sternly.

However his warning doesn't prevent Ares from accidentally knocking a pomegranate tree, making some of it's fruits to fall. Alarmed cross on the messenger's god face, surely Hades now know that there are intruders inside his domain.

"Ares! bringing you here is a mistake, I should have bring Apollo instead" Hermes said angrily, as he try to control their godly aura to hide them from Hades.

However their efforts is proved useless, since the said king of underworld is standing behind them. "Nephews, Where do you think you're going?" Questioned the god of underworld, making them stop on their tracks.

"Shit" Hermes curse quietly, before schooling his expression and turning around to face the furious god. "Uncle we're merely visiting Persephone, and for unknown reason she fall limp, unconscious. Maybe due to lack of sunlight" He reasoned calmly, thankfully Ares vanished the shackles a soon as they feel the presence of the lord of underworld.

"Nephew, Your lies will not earn you anything here, Now give back my consort and I might forgive you" Hades offered, his onyx colored eyes expresses danger and deceit. "Forgive me Uncle, but father's orders" Hermes said, smiling sheepishly.

"Stop this nonsense, let me beat this old man" Ares said, as he pass Persephone in to the messenger god, rather forceful earning a glare from  the king of underworld.

"Fool, Even your father cannot defeat me" Hades bellowed angrily, summoning his sword. "Fool? You cannot possibly win with two Olympians" Ares boasted proudly, nudging his brother.

"You amused me, Perhaps I can keep you in the Field of Punishments, you would do great as meal for my Hellhound's" Hades said, eyes gleaming powerfully. Making Ares shiver inwardly, but Ares is a proud god, he will not let a threat to scare him.

Ares charged straight to hades, blandishing his monstrous jagged sword, while the king stands calmly and summon his staff sending a sharp tendrils of shadows, scarring the enraged god of war. On the other hand, Hermes vanish in to a soft light. Leaving his ignorant brother to fend off the god of underworld.

The god of war slashed and hacked violently, but he struggle a lot, since his opponent is less tangible. Always phasing whenever he manage a hit, and in a unfortunate moment. Hades shot's another shadow spikes, blinding the left eye of the god of war.

"You will pay for this!" Ares bellowed angrily, before charging hastily towards the laughing god. "Nephew, You cannot win in my domain" Hades said, grinning evilly towards the god of war.

"I'm the god of war, I never loose" Ares bellowed, as he slash powerfully on Hades, but the god just parried it effortlessly. "Sure, Nephew"

As Ares attacked religiously, Hades summoned shadows to immobilize the god of war. Putting the enraged god on his place, on his knees. Slowly Hades walk's toward him, grinning like a devil he is.

"Nephew, I expect better. Perhaps it's a goodbye now" Hades said, grinning at the god whose cowering by fear. "Mercy! Mercy Uncle" He shouted pleadingly, as Hades aimed to beheaded his godly head.

"Do not worry Nephew, I will send you to Olympus" Hades said, as his face went abnormally soft and sympathetic. Earning a sigh of relief from the god of war. "Thank you Uncle"

However his relief was literally cut off by the god of underworld. Leaving his body headless, and seeping with golden Ichor.
"Perhaps Zeus will rejoice to see your head in a platter" The god of underworld said coldly, before pushing the body to fall on Tartarus.

"Charon!" Hades shouted, soon enough the well dressed man show up, with alarmed eyes and gaping mouth. "My- My Lord" Charon greeted nervously, earning a satisfied smile from the murderous god.

"Send this to Olympus, Make sure to put it on a platter" Hades ordered sternly, "I only want best for my little brother, make sure my gift is neatly wrap. We don't want Zeus crying about, how lame my present is"

AN: One Olympian down😉