Chapter 28 : Before The Darkness

Percy

"My fellows, I have called this meeting due to upcoming Chariot race between us gods, and every Olympian is obligated to joined this blood bath" Ares bellowed proudly, with devilishly disturbing grin. Which earns worrisome looks and flinch by non violent gods.

"I'm afraid nephew, but I goddess of hearth can't join such violent game, it's not my nature" Hestia reasoned softly, which earns nods and agrees from the council, however Hestia's happiness is short lived.

"Sorry Aunt Hestia, It's decreed and agreed by most gods, even outside the council, besides it's the best time to beat some punks in the head" Ares said sternly, before sending glare towards me, and Zeus is pretty much doing the same thing. I guess the father and son, had plan in mind, not a good one indeed. Also my dad decide to keep my domains secret for now, since he think something is going on between the gods, and it's nice to have an upper hand against them.

"Even me my love?" Aphrodite said sweetly, with enough amount of persuasion to make everyone dazed from her charm speak. With the exception, of Hera, Dionysus and Me.

"No! She will join son, don't let that girl sway you" Hera bellowed angrily, eyeing Aphrodite with anger and occasionally sending glares towards my direction, its seems like the queen of gods, can hold grudges longer than she should have.

"Ah, Exciting! Let's pick your partners now, don't peak in to names" Apollo said excitedly, as he conjure a golden sphere, which probably encase names that is ready to be picked.

"Lord Zeus, King of Gods...Partner is Deimos!" Apollo announced happily, while Deimos is basically grinning maniacally. Not the best pair to toyed with, Deimos is the god of Fear, Dread and Terror while Zeus is arguably the strongest amongst us. So definitely a deadly pair.

"Lady Hera, Queen of Gods...Partner is Zelos!" Apollo said dramatically, which earn laughter's, due to the fact that Hera's partner represents her attitude. Zelos the spirit of eager rivalry, emulation, envy, jealousy, and zeal. Pretty strong title, thanks to Athena's teaching, I now recognized mostly.

"Lord Poseidon, King Of Seas... Partner is Palaestra" Which earn winces, because apparently she's the goddess of wrestling. The goddess reminds me of Clarisse and that Ares kid, is a force to be reckoned.

"Lady Hestia's Partner is... Iris" Apollo said sadly, though I can't blame him, Hestia and Iris wasn't a fighters. Surprisingly the two looks rather happy by the news, which soften everyone's heart.

"Next is.. Lady Demeter... Your Partner is Triptolemus" Surprisingly the goddess looks delighted by the news, I hope that they're not gonna grow forest's just to stop their fellow racers.

"Aphrodite's...Partner is Hebe" Apollo announced happily, as our fellow god's snickered by the news.

"Ares.. Partner is Enyo" Apollo said bitterly, while Enyo and Ares looks delighted about their partnership. Their team is pretty deadly, both deities of war.

"Athena's Partner is...Hecate" Which earns groans from the crowd. Their team is pretty deadly, mist and wisdom is fatally dangerous combo.

"Dionysus Partner is Phobos" Apollo said lazily, since Dionysus is sleeping peacefully. Too bad for Phobos, with the help of Mr.D surely they're first one to go.

"Hephaestus Partner is..Glaucus" Apollo said flatly, while most of the crowd is conflicted by their partnership. Water and Fire doesn't really went nicely together.

"Lil sissy Arty... Partner is Ichnaea" Apollo said jokingly, which earns a silver arrow on his bare thighs. Poor Polly, scarred by his sister.

"Ouch! Hermy your partner is Eris" Apollo said weakly, while pulling out the arrow from his thighs and glaring at her amused sister.

"The next one is Bruh Perce... Your partner is Hercules!!" Apollo announced excitedly, which earns cheers from the crowd. Two former demigod's to team up is damn entertaining to watch. Hercules looks delighted by the news, while me I can't say the same.

"Last but not the least, The most awesome and dignified god ever, which is me. The lucky god to be in my side...is Hedone!" Apollo bellowed proudly, while Hedone is grinning towards me which I gladly sent back. One of the few god's I get to friend with.

"Council Dismissed!" Zeus bellowed, while one by one god's scatter or flashed out from the throne room.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
3rd Pov

"Attention! Olympians! Now is the time for annual Chariot racing" Nemesis announced firmly, while glaring at every participants, which scared everyone for life.

"The Participants are; Zeus and Deimos!-" Both are standing proudly in their chariot, while Zeus is sending thunders and lightning's at the sky for dramatic effects, while small sparks surrounded the chariot.

"Hera and Zelos-" Hera stood flaunting her regal beauty beside his partner whose looking rather calm, but eyeing everyone.

"Poseidon and Palaestra-" They're standing firmly in a blue green chariot, that has carvings of sea creatures and seashell's, while the Lord of the Sea clenched his fist around his trident, sending sea green aura around his body.

"Hestia and Iris" Both standing calmly, holding each other hands to stay composed and mannered. Their Chariot is rainbow colored and pulled by unicorns.

"Demeter and Triptolemus-" The rustic deities stand proudly, as vines and roots surrounded their chariot, like snakes.

"Aphrodite and Hebe-" Beaming billion dollar worth smile, as both emits pink aura. Making everyone melt by their beauty and presence, their chariot was surrounded by
Doves and flowers.

"Ares and Enyo" The war deities possess fiery and wrath on their eyes, emitting a red aura that scares most audiences by their glances. Their Chariot, was barbed by sharp celestials wirings, spikes and mounted bazooka.

"Athena and Hecate" Both goddesses looks stern and calculating, surveying their competitors for possible weaknesses. Their Chariot was silvery black, emitting a dark smoke that made illusions on their original stance and positions.

"Dionysus and Phobos" Phobos stand proudly, while Dionysus looks rather bored and uninterested. Amongst the Chariots they had the worst aesthetics, mixed between gore and vines.

"Hephaestus and Glaucus" Both stand calmly, while inspecting their chariot, which is modern looking and highly innovative compare to their fellows.

"Artemis and Ichnaea" Both sending glares towards their competitors, while standing proudly at Artemis's moon chariot.

"Hermes and Eris" Sending mischievous smiles towards their competitors, while standing on a very disorganized chariot. That will surely send craze and tricks against their fellows.

"Apollo and Hedone" The most commercial looking combo out of the bunch, Apollo pull himself towards the goddess to create chemistry between them for the crowds, as they stand calmly on the golden chariot.

"Perseus and Hercules" Standing side by side with proud expression on their faces, Hercules and Perseus might not admit, but they're nemesis of each other. Both claimed to be the best hero ever existed by people, but now united for the same goal. To outdone their competitors. Their chariot is white with silvery gold strips, and carvings of most acclaimed heroes ever existed, pulled by most favored Pegasus of the lord of time. Both holding their respective weapons with strong stance, ready to send their competitors to starting line.

"In 3...2.....1!!!" Nemesis bellowed loudly, as gods readied their Chariots for a run.