Chapter 16: Deprive of My Favorite Things

Percy

"Athena, Can we please stop this ridiculousness?" I whine like a little kid I am, "Learning is never ridiculous, Perseus" She reasoned sternly before giving me a calculating quick look, and tossing another Greek related book. "I can't believe you! Taking advantage of my time powers to elongate our lessons!" I complain exasperatingly, before giving her a hasty glare which she return with much intensity.

"Instead blabbering and whining, Why don't you pay attention to the book to silenced yourself?" She ask mockingly, but before I can reply she shushed me and toss me another book about history of god's. I read silently for couple of minutes before I read something ridiculous, so I ask her. "Are you telling me that Zeus managed to have three dozen of campers in one year, on 1662? Just wow!" She laugh out loud, which is unexpected despite the given situation, but I Imagine Hera's face during that time, it must be funny and hilarious.

"Yes, Father still had that record, Apollo and Aphrodite is trying but there perseverance and determination can't reach father's libido" I look at her weirdly, because honestly I don't know if she's joking or can she joke? "I'm sure you can beat that" Oppsss, wrong thing to say to the prideful maiden goddess, "Excuse me!!!" She shouted angrily, as her aura become cloudy gray, spreading a strong scent of books mixed with tinge of blood, I quickly recovered by her anger and reasoned, "I'm kidding, besides you mate with brains right? It must be quicker...." I trailed off nervously, before smiling sheepishly to the scandalized goddess.

"Your humor is offending, and I'm not childish to participate in that kind of petty doings" She huffed before glaring holes on my head, "Sorry, I don't mean to offend you... Anyway do you have book's related to sea deities and it's politics?" I apologized before changing the subject effectively, since the goddess can be easily distracted if you show interest in learning.
"Yes I do, My mother..... Is an Oceanide" She replied bitterly, which caught me off guard a little but I just shrugged and ignore her, since the goddess doesn't like showing vulnerability on anyone.

"I wish to read about it, It's been six months but father still doesn't bring me to his domain and his kingdom Atlantis, and I bet that book's will help to you know..." I explained weakly, still bitter and annoyed by Zeus's order to prevent me leaving Olympus unsupervised. "Ah, Are you trying to involve yourself in sea politics?" She ask sounding rather amused,
"Not really, Sea people is kinda rude and I don't want to look stupid when they invited me there" I replied flatly, stoning my expression to avoid revealing my indifference towards my father's subjects.

"You have no domains with sea or waters, I'm afraid you're not allowed to visit sea's and rivers-" She explained comfortingly, but I cut her off due to disbelief and shock by her revelation. "What?! I am technically prince of sea, Why I'm not allowed to go there?!!!" I sputtered angrily, while gripping the armrest of my chair to divert ky anger towards the metal. "I am daughter of an Oceanid yet I am not allowed, however you can go on to one's domain if invited" She explain which bought relief, but I still felt uneasy that I'm not allowed on my element.

"Athena let's call it a day, I going to meet Apollo" I reasoned, before sending her a forced smile, since I'm still weakened and troubled by revelations. "It's goodbye then, for now" She answered before vanishing into grayish flash of light. Leaving me troubled and sadden by flow of events, it's also not helping that my water powers is lagging and weakening day by day, the only powers left is my ability not to drown, and drying my powers, while anything greater than that dissolved with my mortality. I just realized that powers that you inherit as a demigod is not applicable when you become a god, like Dionysus that pudgy god can't summon lightning nowadays.