Chapter 22: Sweet talk with Hephaestus

3rd pov

After the meeting, Perseus felt shocked and betrayed by the whole events that unfold in the meeting. How could Aphrodite let him do that to her and why does Hephaestus invading his privacy, Perseus himself can't fathom the bitterness of the crippled god towards his ex wife. He should had move on millennia ago but the God of forges seems to hold grudges longer than Hades.

Few minutes passed Perseus continuously paced around the palace, over thinking and stressing himself. With all the politics and disagreements against his fellow Olympians, he felt weary, especially his latest misstep. He can't exactly blame Aphrodite since he was the one who initiate, besides the goddess of love was eyeing him as soon as he becomes a god, and his recent actions completely obliterate his chances to be at least acquaintance with the God of War.
Few hours passed, he still feel tensed and stressed out, so he comes in to a decision to
face Hephaestus.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Perseus what do you want?" The god Of forges ask with venomous towards the younger god, his voice sounds brute and terrifying but the younger god don't faze or flinch.

"About what happen...You know that I didn't mean to.. right?" The younger god said awkwardly, while surveying the workplace of the older god. On the other hand the god of forges stare observantly at the god of time, he can see his awkwardness but other than that, Perseus looks blank and rather emotionless.

"Yeah buddy, I just love embarrassing my wife and her good for nothing partner" Hephaestus said jokingly, but it's sounds like grimaced instead of well delivered humour. Times might passed but the god can't deny that he's still hurting every time he see's his wife on his brother arms.

"I'm all for your fun and games, but don't do that again, I don't want my private my life to be the talk of the town" The younger god said flatly, while lacing his fingers on the interesting inventions that the god of forges created.

"Becoming Olympian is enough reason to be the talk of the town, and don't worry yourself, Just let it past soon enough every one will forget about that" The god of forges said calmly, as he continue working on his forges, while the younger god grab a small circular machine that can be transformed into automaton, if commanded.

"Hephaestus, It still doesn't give you a right to broadcast my life to everyone, my life is not for entertainment!" The younger god replied angrily, while he juggles the small transformable orbs on his gentle hands, as he lost his patience.

"If you don't want attention, then stay away from my wife!" The god of forges spat, while he hammers the metals forcefully. The younger god cringe by the loud sound of clanging metals.

"Do you think I like this? Your wife trick me into this, and don't act like your goody goody here. Showing and Airing that footage is another level of low even for you" The younger god replied angrily, as the tension between arises two arises.

"Low even for me? Don't act so mighty Jackson, you're just another Heracles! You might be a god now, but don't forget your roots, your kind is just a plaything for gods. Your kind existed to worshipped and praise the higher deities, that's your stupid purpose" Hephaestus bellowed angrily, while the younger god fumed by anger and hatred towards the older god. The juggling stops and slowly the orbs of metals crumbles to dust on the hands of the very angry youngling.

"Hephaestus! Heracles and I might be indifferent, but he's twice the hero you can be, even without trying!" The younger god spat angrily, while his eyes went intense gold and his fist clenched on his sides. On the other hand, the god of forges look rattled and beyond angered by the insults he received, from the deity he deemed lower level.

"How dare you! I'm living for thousand of years, I will never be insulted this bad by a mere demigod!" The god of forges bellowed angrily, while the younger god seems to radiate power, due to anger and disbelief towards the god he used to respect.

"You had the nerve to insult demigods! You don't even have the guts to fight your own battles!" The younger god retorted angrily, while Hephaestus charge towards the younger god using a monstrous hammer that can surely crush a average mortal.

"You will pay for your words!" Hephaestus shouted angrily, as he attacked Perseus with all his might. The younger god looks furious and angered. When hammer is about to hit the pretty face of the god time, it turns crumbles in to powdery ash, by the mere touch of the god of time. Saying that the god of forges is shock, is complete understatement on how he reacted. He can't comprehend what just happened few seconds ago, questions flows on his brain.
Did he blast my hammer? Did he cast an spell?
How does he did what he did?

"I have to go...Hephaestus next time you put my face to embarrassment, I might lose my patience" The younger god said sternly, without evoking any emotion on his face. While the god of forges was struck by what just happen between the supposed to be chill god and him. He never expect that the younger god will speak on his face without doubts and regret.

Hephaestus surveyed the room, the golden orbs he had created was dust on the floor, which confirms that the god of time has a rather nasty powers. He shivered by the thought, of making him his enemy. Besides the god of forges always stay peaceful.

AN:Pretty short, but I think this chapter is very necessary. I know, Percy sounds so uptight and harsh in this chapter, but you see he is a god now. To be specific god of destruction so there's a part of him that's a lot harsher, than his usual chill self.