𝘛𝘸𝘰

𝐃𝐮𝐫𝐡𝐚𝗺, 𝐍𝗼𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝗼𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐚

I sat on my bed looking at my laptop scrolling threw the different clothing items

I sat on my bed looking at my laptop scrolling threw the different clothing items. Some I'd like but some I didn't. I didn't want to buy anything that was uncomfortable and revealing for me.

Since the start of my junior year I've been working on my self esteem along with having confidence in my body. I wasn't big or thick in which some people referred their self as but I was small. I wasn't too small but I wasn't where I wanted to be in my body goals.

My mother always told me I was beautiful but when you go the school everyday constantly being called names you're start to think otherwise. She told me that I needed to love myself and be grateful if my beauty but sometimes I didn't see it.

I've had my days where I'd tried to look cute and tell myself that I was pretty and worth it but I also had my day where I felt ugly.

But now that I attempting to go out and do new things this summer, I was determined to build for myself. I wanted to change and not sit around living off the thoughts of everyone else.

I needed to make some changed and first would be learning how to love myself. My inner and outer self.

I'd read some readings about overcoming negativity and building as a person. Some I even read about finding the inner spiritual side which I quite didn't understand but I'd guess that was find because I was still in the learning and changing process.

"Euphoria!" I heard my mother call out, I stood up from my bed and walked downstairs. I went into the living room where I mostly would find her along with Kareem and I did. I saw my mother sitting on the couch but didn't spot any sign of Kareem.

"Yes mommy" I said lowly. She waved me over to come sit down and I did. She smiled looking over at me.

"Your school just called" she said, I eyed her before nodding. "Why you didn't tell me you're were graduating early my love?" She asked, I shrugged.

"I'm so excited and proud of you baby" she said smiling,reaching over pulling me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around her before pulling apart. "Thank you"

"So are you staying—Mommy, can we please not talk about school?" I asked cutting her off. My mother knew I wasn't a fan of speaking about school. Only for the fact of how much I hated it but I chose to do for her and my own good.

"I'm sorry sweetie" she said before rubbing my arm, I nodded.

"Where Kareem?" I asked.

"You know he's at work but he should be home before tonight I think. I just got off the phone with him" She said, I nodded. "He told me tell he's proud of you. He has something to tell you when he gets here"

"Okay" I said lowly.

"What are you doing for today?" My mother asked, I shook my head. She eyed me before nodding.