𝘍𝘰𝘶𝘳

𝐃𝐮𝐫𝐡𝐚𝗺, 𝐍𝗼𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝗼𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐚

I stood in the middle of the basement looking around trying to figure out what I wanted to do with the room

I stood in the middle of the basement looking around trying to figure out what I wanted to do with the room. I knew I wanted to decorate it and make it more girly for me but I just didn't know how I wanted it.

I pulled out my phone going to Pinterest typing in different ideas. I scrolled through the ones that popped up. I gathered some idea that I liked and saved them for references. I wasn't going to go over board with the decoration I just wanted the room to feel like a vibe whenever I come down here and decide to paint.

"Lil bit" I heard, I looked up seeing Kareem standing in the middle of the door. "Hey I'd been looking for you every where" He said chuckling. "I figure you be down here"

I nodded. "What you about to do?" Kareem asked looking around the basement before looking over at me. "Paint?" I shook my head, he nodded.

"You like it?" He asked, I smiled and nodded.

Kareem had did a great job of getting the basement remodeled. Before, it was just a room covered in wood along cotton tissue hanging from the ceiling but now it actually looked like a room. It was much bigger and spacious than my room upstairs.

He'd added stacked bins on the wall so I could label my different paints along my brushes and things I would keep down here. The walls were painted white and the wooden floor was replaced with white carpet.

"Thank you" I said, he smiled and nodded.

"You know I gotchu" He said. Even though I knew Kareem wasn't my real father, I'll always consider him as something like that because along with my mother he'd made sure that I had everything I needed.

"You want to go with me?" Kareem asked, I looked over at him seeing him typing on his phone.

"Where?" I asked.

" I gotta make some errands, your mother should be home around evening time. She over at your grandmother house helping her" Kareem said, I nodded.

He waved me to followed behind him before walking out. I walked out the room, slipping my slippers on before locking the door and following behind him.

I followed behind him as we walked upstairs. "Can I grab my purse?" I asked, he turned and nodded.

I walked upstairs to my room grabbing my purse before making my way back downstairs. Kareem stood there talking on the phone, he looked up once he seen me come down.