𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘖𝘯𝘦

𝐃𝐮𝐫𝐡𝐚𝗺, 𝐍𝗼𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝗼𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐚

"Into the thick of it" I sung stroking my paintbrush back in forth, I dipped it in the cup of water before dapping it onto the towel and dipping into another color

I bounced around in my chair as I listened to the music play through the speakers, I twisted my lips as I came across a small smudge that appeared my canvas. I painted over it attempting to fixed it as I mixed and flattened out the colors.

"Okay, more brown maybe" I mumbled swirling the paintbrush into the cup of water before dipping into brown paint. I nodded as I began applying the paint onto the small smudge seeing it slowly disappear blending in with the other painted colors.

"We're trapping through the bush!" I sung out shaking my head. I continued painting until I stopped feeling my hands getting tired. I placed my paintbrush in the cup of water leaving it there as I sighed and stretched before I stood up from my chair.

I grabbed my phone and walked out the basement making my way upstairs, I walked towards the living room where I heard noise seeing my mother sitting on the couch folding clothes. I walked further inside taking a seat on the couch beside her making her look up and smile.

"Hi mommy" I spoke reaching over as I wrapped my arms around her.

"Hey baby" she said kissing my forehead as we shared as hug. "What you doing here, I thought won't nobody here. Thought I was just here by myself"

"No, I was. I just was in the basement" I said, she nodded. "I was painting"

"Where is Kareem?" I asked looking down at the basket full of clothes, I bent down and grabbed a few before I started folding them.

"Um, I don't know pooh. Last time I talked to him he was at work" she said, I nodded. I eyed her as we both sat there folding clothes, I looked down to her stomach and smiled as I seen her belly.

"I hope she comes soon..." I said, my mother smiled and looked down as I rubbed her stomach. "How much longer?"

"Five more months, I'm twenty weeks so we're halfway" my mother said, I nodded.

"Are you ready for her?" I asked grabbing another piece of clothing and folding it.

"Yeah, I wanna see who she gone look like" she said, I nodded in agreement. "Me too"

"I hope she looks like me" I said smiling, my mother chuckled and shook her head. "She's going to be our twin because I look like you"

She nodded. "Of course, that's why you're so beautiful now" my mother said, I smiled.

"Because I get it from my mamaaa" I dragged out, she stuck her tongue out.

"That's it" she said nodding her head, I giggled. I sat there as I continued folding clothes along with associating with my mother.