Chapter 2 - Something New? Part 2

Ankha's POV:

There were so many people at my new apartment waiting to see me I'm surprised I was able to sneak out from my patio unnoticed. Do they always bombard newcomers like this? I'll admit I'm a bit nervous noticing that they're aren't too many people who look like me. Everyone has been so nice and welcoming so I brush negative thoughts from my mind.  Taking to the rooftops to look around I marvel at the sight of my new home. I'm excited for this fresh start; I needed it. I wonder what kind of people I will meet. I just made Jonin a few weeks ago prior to moving and I'm sure I'll have some great co-workers.

 I continue to wander around thinking about my new life here when I notice a book store out the corner of my eye. Hmmm "Kabuto's Korner" I read to myself, it doesn't look crowded which I loved so I hopped down from the rooftop and make my way inside. Walking in I see the girl behind the counter look like she's distracted by something else, she didn't even notice I walked in. I decided to just look around and see if I find anything. I'm looking for the adult section because I love reading Icha Icha books, but don't think I could admit that to anyone. I think I'm lost, so I turn around to ask for help but the woman behind the counter looks so flustered she's about to pass out. Her face is beet red I hope she's okay. I don't want to disturb her so I try to figure it out on my own. That's when I saw him.

I didn't want to make it too noticeable, but out the corner of my eye I see a tall stranger looking in my direction. His hair is white as clouds, he has broad muscular shoulders. His skin pure as snow. He can command a room with his presence alone. He's beautiful and so mysterious with that headband covering his eye and a mask covering his face. I don't even know what he looks like underneath that mask, but what do I have to do to find out? Damn he looks delicious. I look over and give him a warm smile.

I thought he was going to come over here and say something, but he's just standing there. I'm not usually bold enough to say something first, but new place new beginnings right? I gather my courage and walk towards him thinking about what I'm going to say. I notice his features even more as I get closer, like his muscular body sculpted underneath his shirt. He has the body of a god. I'm almost to him when I notice he covers his nose. Oh no. Do I stink? Did I put on too much cocoa butter? It's too late to turn around now. I smile and reach out my hand, "Hi! I'm Ankha". He suddenly dashes out of the store without shaking my hand or acknowledging me. He tosses money on the counter and leaves. I'm slightly embarrassed and confused. Did I do something? Well so much for meeting new people; he didn't seem interested in getting to know me at all. I hope this move was worth it.  He drops his book on the way out. He was in such a hurry I don't think he noticed. I go to pick up the book and notice it's the Icha Icha series. I blush at the thought of someone else reading those books too. I want to return it, but I don't know where he lives..