Chapter 19 - What Do You Want?

It's been three long agonizing weeks since the falling out of Kakashi and me and since then I've done a pretty okay job of avoiding him despite the fact he's my neighbor. Shizune was able to talk Lady Tsunade into pulling me from Team 7, she didn't pry, but I assume she knows why. I'm now at the Academy with Iruka helping incoming genin. I also haven't talked to Itachi in the past few weeks either. I could he was bothered by the way I answered the door that day and I can't enirely blame him. I've felt extremely lonely and hurt these past few weeks, but it was good for me to clear my head. I've been so wrapped in Kakashi and Itachi I haven't had time for myself or the friends I've made here. Today's my off day from the Academy and I don't have any plans. Feeling homesick I decide to stop by the market and pick up some ingredients to make my favorite dish, gumbo. My mom is Western and my dad is from Kumogakure; they raised me outside of the village and during the cold months my mom frequently made gumbo, a dish her mother taught her and it's delicious. No longer able to contain my hunger I throw on some high waisted athletic pants with a sheer top, highlighting my black lace bra. After putting on my tennis shoes I grab my purse and keys and head out the door. Passing the Dango shop my stomach start growling at the smell of fresh pastries. It's never a good idea to grocery shop when hungry, I walk inside and I stand in line gazing at the menu trying to find something to hold me over until I'm finished cooking. I was so engrossed in the menu I didn't even sense the chakra coming close until they were already behind me.

"Ankha?"

I turn my head at the familiar voice.

"Shisui! Hi" a smile beamed across my face, unlike Sasuke and Itachi, Shisui bore a smile I wasn't sure the Uchiha clan was capable of making. If it wasn't for the distinct jet black hair and his Sharingan I wouldn't believe he's an Uchiha. His looks don't help either, gods, were all Uchiha men insanely attractive? Sasuke is still young but he's already a heartbreaker now so I can't imagine how he'll look when he's of age. Shisui's sudden hug breaks me out of my perverted thoughts of the men of the Uchiha clan doing indecent things to my body. I wtap my hands around him and hug him back.

"I haven't seen you around lately, where you been?" He asks casually before looking at the menu

I know he's Itachi's best friend and right-hand man, but I wasn't sure how much he knew. Not wanting to dampen the lighthearted aura with my drama I keep my answer short

"Oh you know, been keeping busy getting settled in and working my new job with Iruka" I look around avoiding eye contact.

"Iruka? I thought you were on a team with Kakashi?" He asked surprised

Before I could answer I was saved by it being our turn to order next. I decided on strawberry dango it was light and sweet, but heavy enough to keep me satisfied until later. Shisui ordered dango as well and ended up paying for mine as well as his. I thank the woman as she hands us our food and thank Shisui as well.

"Thank you Shisui, that was kind of you. I didn't even know you liked sweets" I smile at him as we stand outside the store.

"It's not for me, it's for Itachi, he loves dango and he would string me up by my toes if he found out I was in line next you and didn't bother to pay for your food" He gives my a closed-eye smile

I giggle " I didn't know Itachi had a sweet tooth, looking at him you would never know he was the type"

Shisui chuckles at my comment, "Oh definitely he loves all things sweet, which would explain his infatuation with you" he smirks and I feel my face grow hot at his double sided statement.