Chapter 6 - Third Time's a Charm

Ankha's POV:

I let out a deep sob when I make it to my apartment. I can't believe that just happened. I can't get the way he looked at me out of my head. I was really looking forward to liking this place and everything was going well up until this morning and whatever happened last night after I left Kurenai and Anko at the bar. I wipe my tear stained face and to clear my head I decide to take a shower and put on some fresh clothes. 

I check my phone after my shower and I see a group text from from Kurenai and Anko:

-Hey Ankha! Did you make it home okay last night? If you're up for it me and Anko can come over for some breakfast?!

Kurenai, that sounds great I could use more girl time-

-Awesome we'll be there in an hour!

I feel relieved I don't have to be alone with my thoughts and decide to tell Anko and Kurenai about my strange encounter and ask them for advice. I straighten up and prepare for company to arrive. I unpack a box in my living with my chakra crystals and decide now would be a be a good time to meditate and sage my new place smudging the negative energy (Yasss we some spiritual bitches over here). 

*Time Skip*

I instantly feel better after meditating and cleansing the energy. I hear a knock at the door and look at my watch, right on time! I walk to door greeting the girls with hugs and inviting them in. "I'm so glad you guys could come over, I'm sorry for the mess I'm still unpacking" I walk over and clear the table for the food. Anko is looking around admiring my crystals and the art I've hung up so far. "Ankha I'm really like the vibe of your apartment, I've never seen decor like this! It feels so Earthy and homey" Anko exclaims. I beamed, "Thanks! Feel free to make yourself at home, my mom is the one who taught me about all this stuff I'll have to tell you guys about it some time. The table is ready!" 

3rd Person POV:

Kurenai was on her phone but put it away and made her way over to the table with Kurenai and Ankha. "Sorry guys! I was messaging Kakashi!" she says as she sits down at the table and begins to dig in.

Ankha's POV:

"Who's Kakashi?" I ask. With her mouth stuffed with eggs Kurenai answers, "He's our best friend! Anko and I have known him since we were kids. He's Jonin too so you'll probably meet him tomorrow at the meeting along with the other ninjas. We can't wait for you to meet him, we invited him out with us last night, but he was busy" She munches her food happily. "You sure you haven't met him? He said he kind of already met you" Now intrigued I say, "I don't think so. I met a lot of people yesterday when I moved in. Well if he's good friends with you two then he must be as amazing as you say!" My voice gets quiet, "Speaking of last night..." I trailed off. Anko and Kurenai both looked up at me me with concern. "Ankha did you not have fun last night with us?" Anko asks. I gasp, "Oh no I had an incredible time with you girls! It was unforgettable..." I frown, "It's what happened after last night that's making me feel uneasy". Kurenai, now focused on me waiting for me to tell them what happened. 

After I tell them what happened, Kurenai hugs me while stroking my hair telling me it's going to be okay. Anko is pacing back and forth in the living room, furious, "That fucking scumbag! If we ever see who it is we'll kick their ass!" 

"Anko please calm down, the last thing I want to do is cause trouble in the village I just got here. Please don't say anything"

Anko still looks upset, but respecting my wishes she drops the issue. We hang out for a few more hours before the girls head out to run some errands. Good food and conversation lightens my mood and since tomorrow is my first day  I decide to spend the rest of today unpacking.

Kakashi's POV:

I sit at the table eating alone. It's been a few hours since my second time fucking up with Ankha. She was here by accident it already feels empty without her here. I clear my plate and go to my room to lay down for a nap. My body is still stiff from sleeping against the door last night so a nap in my bed is just what the doctor ordered. I make my way to my room and I get a text from Kurenai:

- Hey Kakashi! You missed a GREAT night out with me, Anko, and Ankha she's so much fun. We'll all have to get together sometime!

I read the message, but don't reply. I scoff, leave it to Kurenai to rub it in my face every time they go out and have fun without me. Replaying this morning in my head I doubt I'll be getting the chance to hang around Ankha ever again. I let out a depressive sigh as I lay down on my bed. I lay my hand underneath my pillow as I look to the ceiling when  feel something under my pillow. I pull it out and it's Ankha's white shirt belonging to the skirt she wore last night. I hold it up and examine the cloth that touched her skin. The material is thinner than it looks and I wander if anyone her exposed under the lights of the bar she was at last night. I angrily shake he thoughts away knowing thinking like that would only fuel my jealousy.I pull her shirt close to me as I try to get comfortable and it smells like her. I toss and turn under the sheets and they smell like her too. Now all I can smell is her.. engulfing myself in her scent I eventually drift off to sleep.